Refer a friend bonus

• TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Hi,

A friend referred me to Pokerstars through this site.

Half of the raked hands are complete and he has received $250 of the $500.

There is a possibility that his account was banned on Pokerstars recently.

My question is if I continue to play on Pokerstars will he still be able to receive the outstanding $250 once raked hands are completed from my end?

Thanks.
  • 11 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey TheExecutionerRNMD,

Yes. His eligibility is not affected as his rewards are dependent on your activity, not his.

Regards

Laz
    • TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Hi,

So to confirm even if Pokerstars has BANNED/BLOCKED/PROHIBITED the person that refered me through this site they can still RECEIVE the outstanding bonus from me playing?

According to this article the bonus is not lifetime: http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/16809/pokerstars-online-poker-affiliate-program-changes/

The previous terms saw affiliates credited with revenue share for the lifetime of the player.

The change applies to new and existing referrals. The upshot: Affiliates will no longer be paid revenue share for any player referred before June 1, 2013.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey TheExecutionerRNMD,

the article linked above is related to the changes in PokerStars vs their affiliates program (note that PokerStrategy.com was not affected by this, unlike many other smaller affiliates).

The referral program to which your are referring is a bit different though. I believe you're talking about our own PokerStrategy.com referral system Tell a Friend (TaF). I can see that the person who referred you (under a different nickname though) has earned $250 through our TaF program. It does not matter whether their account on PokerStars was banned/closed as their bonus relies on your activity and they are being rewarded through our website, not PokerStars.

Please note that in this situation we cannot remove your referrer from your profile.

Please let me know if it's clear. Thanks and all the best.
    • TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Hi Marta,

We are getting there.

Thanks for that so Pokerstrategy is unaffected by the changes okay.

Yes the TaF program 100%. Yes $250 was unlocked thus far , and another $250 remains.

Great, now that we on the same page with that.

I have another conundrum.

From what I have found out thus far: if you don't tick the information sharing box, you won't be able to receive StrategyPoints for playing at PokerStars, and hence your referrer won't get rewards for your activity at this poker room.

But the message from Pokerstars is this: The box is only for the information sharing purpose but it still means that you are tracked to the affiliate site and your affiliate would have received commissions.

If the box is left unticked, it simply means that PokerStars do not send data to PokerStrategy thus you will not receive their points.

So Marta, what is actually going on? Its a contradiction.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      That's correct. If you are not getting StrategyPoints (for whatever reason), your referrer is not getting their referral bonus - as our TaF system is based on StrategyPoints, not internal commissions for players.

You can choose this way, however for you it means no added incentive either - e.g higher status on our page, access to teaching materials etc.

Up to you, choose wisely. :)
    • Post removed

• TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Hi Marta,

What incentives do I get if I leave the box ticked?

So can you confirm that If I leave the box unticked the person that referred me won't be able to receive the TaF additional $250? Please confirm this?
      Thanks.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi TheExecutionerRNMD,

If you leave the box unticked the person that referred you will not get the TaF money.
      This also means that you will not get any strategy points, meaning you will not get higher status and be able to view our advanced study material.

Regards,
      la55i
    • TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Hi,

It is quite odd. Just received e-mail from Pokerstars and they have informed me the "information sharing box" was always a function on date of inception of my Pokerstars account.

If that is the case how did my referrer receive the $250 with the box remaining unticked?

Thanks.
    • TheExecutionerRNMD
      TheExecutionerRNMD
      Basic
      Again I ask how did my referrer initially receive the $250 if on my Pokerstars account I have never enabled the "information sharing box"?
    • Post removed