[NL20-NL50] AA, tough spot

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Is it a fold vs 2 unknowns? I think they have overs here very often.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,00
      BB:
      $39,99
      MP3:
      $26,11
      Hero:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $49,23

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , A:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP3 raises to $1,25, Hero raises to $3,75, 2 folds, BB calls $3,50, MP3 calls $2,50.

Flop: ($11,35) 8:heart: , 3:heart: , 7:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $10,79, MP3 raises to $22,36 (All-In), Hero calls $21,25 (All-In), BB calls $11,57.

Turn: ($77,32) 3:club:
      River: ($77,32) 7:heart: (3 players)

Final Pot: $77,32
  • 8 replies
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      a good player usually calls a reraise with high overpair only for set value. if he thinks he is ahead of the raiser's range he just reraises pfr.

so there are the following scenarios :
      if both of them are good players you are behind. -> fold
      if only 1 of them is a good player then it's 50/50 cause he could be also on
      a flush draw.
      if both of them suck then it's 50/50 again .they might have flush/straight draws, sets, two pair , overpairs etc.

so to sum up it's approximately 50/50 you are behind right ? and if you are not they still have a lot of outs . so i think this is just gambling . if you don't mind the high variance just call

edit: it looks like BB had a Pocket pair Preflop and hit his set and MP3 is on a draw
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I advice you to reread articles, after several of your comments I can conclude you have come to false ideas :-) No good player will call 3bet for set value(especially if I 3bet 10% of my hands).

In this hand, BB had QQ, MP3 had 99.

Also! If you think it's 50/50 then it's not gambling and I am huge favourite as I get huge pot odds.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      first of all i don't know the frequency you 3bet your hands. 2nd of all i've read the articles quite good but i just don't like high variance. i like having good reads and being ahead clearly most of the time. at this limit this is possible.

it's not even 50/50 i said it's almost . it's more like 1/3 of the time you are ahead against uknowns and afterwards you need to win showdown as well. you are getting again the pot odds to do that so it's not wrong to call .

in the specific case from your few hands the opponents played they look a bit fishy wich could explain their overs.

last but not least i have been winning constantly at this limit but i play mainly FR games so my guess is my game is fine if i have very few losing sessions the last few weeks.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I think going broke here is good, but I don't think they have overs at all , but I would expect something like TT JJ to be a holding they couldn't fold here. And the pot was 3bet preflop is huge and you have aces.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      At least one guy has an over here, this was what I thought when played the hand. I put BB on overpair and was scared about MP3, but his range is overs+draws+even top pair+ hands that beat me, I think I am ahead here enough times.

2spit22, FR and SH differ very much, that's why we have different point of views I guess.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Without A :heart: it should be fold.
      Two players don´t have mostly weaker hands if one bet pot and other shoves.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Without A :heart: it should be fold.
      Two players don´t have mostly weaker hands if one bet pot and other shoves.
      Yestreday on Hand Evaluation coachings both coaches told me it's clear call. I am confused.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Just different point of views
      On that limit I´d expect villains to 3-bet/get it all-in with QQ+
      So that leaves TT, JJ which BB should play nuts on the flop and MP3 shoves.
      I rather think that one of these players have strong draw and other set, getting it all-in in 3-bet pot seems mistake to me, since you have only invested 3,75$ and face two all-ins (bb is pot committed and would call that shove).
      I doubt that you´re ahead here or have good enough equity to call.