Bank Roll Question

• baetsor
      baetsor
      Basic
      Hey Guys,

[b]Quick question:[/b]

My bankroll at the moment is just over $300. I am currently playing 1/2nl. At what point do I move up to 2/5nl and 5/10nl. I feel as if I am beating 1/2nl as most of the players are very nitty and only play pocket pairs and AJ+. There combinations are fairly easy to read.

As far as bank roll management for cash, I have seen people say 30 buy ins, 40 buy ins, 50 buy ins are all acceptable. Any advice on buy ins would be appreciated.

I feel that I am going to stick to 1/2nl until my BR is at $500 then move to 2/5 or 5/10.

Thanks for taking time to read this post.
  • 15 replies
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Hi,

In my opinion, you are wasting your time. If you have been beating your limit (nl2) for a while, you should move up. It is recommended to play nl2 with ~$100(50BI).

With your $300 you can play nl5 safely as you have 60BI. If I were you, I'd try to move up the limits aa fast as possible. Players at nl2-10 are very bad and the right adventure starts at nl25+.

I'd stick to a 30BI BRM till nl100 depending on how many tables you play.
    • yYPiranhaYy
      yYPiranhaYy
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I would also recommend to move up to at least NL10 as soon as possible. The skill of the average playerpool doesnt change too much between NL2 and NL5 too much so I would advise to play a couple of hands at NL5 and see how it works out for you.
      Once you reach NL10 and beat it you can start working on your game more so you can move up further.
    • la55i
      la55i
      300$ should be big enough bankroll for NL10 but if you are now playing NL2, I suggest you try a couple of thousand hands at NL5 before.
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      Your bankroll allows to play at NL10 , but maybe try to play couple thousand of hands in NL5 to see the difference, maybe you will need time to adapt to new stakes.
    • baetsor
      baetsor
      Basic
      Thanks heaps.

So a min of 40-50 buy ins? ty
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      It all depends on you and how you feel about your BR. You might feel confident with a 20BI BR or with a 50BI BR. In my opinion a 30BI BR is more than enough. I personally play with $1000 at nl25z. Once I've got over $1500, I try a 3BI shot at nl50z.
    • linhle1987
      linhle1987
      Bronze
      YOU START BANK ROLL WITH 100$ MUST PLAY NL2 OR TOURNAMENT BUYIN 2$. BECAUSE FRIST YOU MUST BUILDER YOUR BANKROLL
    • baetsor
      baetsor
      Basic
      Ok ty @LooooN.

Do you have any tips or videos I can watch? I have a problem with my bankroll when it goes down. I don't tilt but I get nervous to keep losing more. Any tips to overcome this? ty
    • Post removed

• dmchast77
      dmchast77
      Silver
      Yeah I would like to know too, any tips how to overcome this?
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by baetsor
      Ok ty @LooooN.

Do you have any tips or videos I can watch? I have a problem with my bankroll when it goes down. I don't tilt but I get nervous to keep losing more. Any tips to overcome this? ty
      Hey, I think your main problem could be the acceptance of variance in poker. You have to be aware that in a short term, you can be playing good and still lose and vice versa. We as a poker players however, should always focus on the best decision making and the long run :) It's not the newest video ever, but the things regarding mindset never change: click. You might also want to check other videos from this series, you can find them here.

On top of that, I recommend these two free videos:
      - How To Become More Confident
      - How To Worry Less

Good luck with overcoming your fears!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It's all about confidence and trusting yourself IMO

Are you confident that you can play your A game? are you confident to move up to the next level quickly?
      Do you trust yourself to move back down if you lose to much at your current limit?

Bigger your BRM(40~buyins), it will put less stress on you to move down and whilst playing
      Smaller your BRM(10-20buyins), you need to be confident and trust yourself with those previous questions
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed