Full Tilt still freaks me out

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I don't think all online poker is rigged but...

I've played at Ongame, iPoker, Stars, and FT is the only site where I felt things were rigged. It's nuts. I win for a few days then I can't win any hand at all.

The first time it happened doesn't really count because I was learning the game. The last two times, well, I noticed the strangeness so I just withdrew because things didn't seem right. Now, enticed by the rakeback, I went ahead and deposited again. Same pattern is happening again. I win for a while then I can't win a single damn hand, it's just ridiculous. After single tabling the last 200 hands or so, and after the bizarre hands in the 3 tourneys today, it really seems bizzare. It's like a trip a doomswitch or something after I play for a while.

Just thought I'd throw that out there since it's driving me bonkers right now.
  • 34 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      if a poker site is rigged that's ipoker.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      if a poker site is rigged that's ipoker.
      ^^ Paranoid freak...
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      :D , now seriously, I've never seen something weird with fulltilt. at least in my last 100k hands
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well we see all weird stuff now and than mostly how our opponents play badly. Stars yesterday NL25 was freak show they were calling my raises with K6o JTs A3s etc. and win to many hands i dominated. Do i think that Stars are rigged because of that not jet :D

FTP is not rigged but it still hurts losing 3 handed all in BSS when you are 94% favorite when all money went in :D Or that KK is my biggest losing hand there etc. :D Shit happens ;)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Or that KK is my biggest losing hand there etc. :D Shit happens ;)
      After my experience I fold KK preflop now :P
      Bronze
      I like FT. Quad aces twice allready!!
    • Jehryn
      Jehryn
      Bronze
      Meh, thats what ya get for not converting to Scientology. You do know their Vodoo determines the turn/river cards?
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Imo 200 hands single-tabling is enough scientific proof - FT is obviously rigged. Everyone who thinks otherwise obviously knows nothing about statistics.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      <sarcasm>
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Imo 200 hands single-tabling is enough scientific proof - FT is obviously rigged. Everyone who thinks otherwise obviously knows nothing about statistics.
      </sarcasm>
      N1!
    • sidewalker
      sidewalker
      Bronze
      haha sweeeeeeet
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      ^^ You son of a bitch!

Of course it's possible that after having a couple bad swings on FT, I would naturally "see" a pattern there when it happens again. It doesn't mean there IS a pattern, but it sure as hell looks like it. No reply's from anybody who's had the same experience so...

I'm going back to play and set a stop limit of 60 BB's or so. If it continues straight down I'll re-evaluate. This sort of thing isn't good for the psychology.

***Update

Yep, down another 60BB's. W$SD at 43%, WTSD 28%, W$WSF 31%, Vpip 21%, Pfr 15%, AF 2.1. This is fixed limit by the way. 160 BB's in 1200 hands.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      I like FT. Quad aces twice allready!!
      I hit my first and only royal flush in my first couple days of playing. I also finished 3rd out of 1400 in the $1 Ferguson tourney after playing there for about a week. Watch out dude, it's a trap.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Well I played a solid game so I'm happy with that - played my hands calmly and went straight ahead with my strong hands and made some good folds.

The only place I've experienced severe downswings is at FT. This is the 3rd time and that's enough for me, I'm aborting this one just like the last two times and never going back. Maybe it's all just a bad coincidence or my account is compromised, whatever it is I don't see a reason to continue there.

Here's a couple charts. The first is my overall fixed limit chart, second is my full tilt chart since I deposited last week, and the 3rd is a chart of the downswing.

FTP can go to hell!!!

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      have you NEVER seen other players post about their downswings?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I thought you Fixed limit players where used to high variance :rolleyes:
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Well I normally two table so the last three days has been a slow motion train wreck. Ahhh well... cashed out of FT, no money in poker sites right now, time for a break... :D
    • zubrils2
      zubrils2
      Bronze
      Well I had ran just as bad as u did when I was playing smaller limits but anyways my point is that you can easily fight downswings. How? - by playing 3x times amount you played before and fixing your leaks. Taking a break from poker in general won't do any good, at least for u in poker. You have to be prepaired psychologicaly for things like that to happen if you want to become a strong and stabile poker player.

Better just sit out of the tables after taking another hit and watch some FL videos right here or coachings while you are comfortable to try again.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndySk
      Originally posted by slikec
      Or that KK is my biggest losing hand there etc. :D Shit happens ;)
      After my experience I fold KK preflop now :P
      Thats defininately a good choice! I'm sure that will help the statistics balance out long term.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I can't cash-out for some reason so I figured I'd try a tourney.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      $3 + $0.30 Tournament
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (3620)
      UTG+1 (3130)
      MP1 (3815)
      MP2 (3890)
      Hero (CO) (2765)
      BTN (11250)
      SB (825)