[NL2-NL10] nl50 QTo

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      elephant crashed so no stats since I couldn't see them. No stats so no steal, i guess. what about the minreraise, I hate to fold there .

I think I played this wrong from the get-go X(

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , T:diamond: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,25 and is all-in.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, BB raises to $3,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Flop: ($7,25) T:heart: , 4:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $7,50, Hero calls $6,25, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19,75[/B]

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qc Td)
      BB shows GUESS IT
  • 5 replies
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      elephant crashed so no stats since I couldn't see them. No stats so no steal, i guess.
      No stats leave a lot of unanswered questions. Fold preflop re-raise. A call here is very weak imo.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      can you explain why a call here is so bad? I get almost 1:4 pot odds and position.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Well what are you hoping to achieve with the call? Hit a Q or T? You would still have a weaker kicker and frankly I don't think it's worth going after. You don't know how your opponent is playing.

Don't try correcting one mistake by making another
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think you can call preflop with such good odds and position. On the flop you hit TPQK which is nuts in steal/resteal hands so it's well played, but it's necessary to make a note what his minraise meant.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      can you explain why a call here is so bad? I get almost 1:4 pot odds and position.
      the problem is, that if you are behind preflop, you are still behind after you hit the flop ;)

you are still beat by AA KK QQ, possibly JJ and TT (if you just hit a T high flop), AQ, KQ, QJ (if you hit the Q) and maybe AT or KT if you hit the Ten. The only hands you can really outflop is AK and AJ

A flop just doesnt help you, so just fold

when playing sss it doesnt matter how big the opponents reraise, its always push or fold

steal is perhaps ok, but fold to the reraise