PokerStars hole cards not shown till river?

• 10 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      It is the general rule for cash games.Players can choose not to show their cards until the river card is dealt, and only then the last aggressor has to show first(or choose to muck of course).
      This is not true for tournaments, and since the poker boom, many sites implemented the tournament rule for cash games also.It is only formal, as you can easily see what he has anyway, but it is a good rule.
      Prima has it too.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      I hate the rule actually :) Going allin with KK and sweat every card that hits the board... A78...damn AK got me....Q turn...there we go even QQ has me beat now...river J....ok I can't win this one :( ....Villain mucks 99 :D
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      yes then we have to waste time looking through history to see what he had in order to get a read.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      yes then we have to waste time looking through history to see what he had in order to get a read.
      or we can use PT3, HEM or Elephant's HUD ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      or we can use PT3, HEM or Elephant's HUD ;)
      I use Elephant but it shows cards after the hand , not during =S
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      So what?

You said we have to waste time looking through history to see villain's cards; right? I guess you're not making that during the hand is played (because HH's are shown after the hand was played), but after that, so at the same time HUD is showing the hand to you...
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Opal is right with the HUD tip. But i agree, i hate the revealing at the showdown. All the it takes is some shitty suited connector to hit two pair or make a straight to crack your AA. But realistically it doesnt make difference as the revealing doesnt affect the board.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      It doesnt affect the outcome but its much easier to get a read on your opponent if hole cards are visible from the get-go since you have more time to see what they had and analyze their play. If you get to see what they have from the moment we shove, you can even stop watching the outcome and switch to another hand/table.

By waiting until the end of the hand I waste valuable seconds that could be invested in watching another table or hand Im in.

Hope I got my idea across lol
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      By waiting until the end of the hand I waste valuable seconds that could be invested in watching another table or hand Im in.
      But even if you saw his holecards, you would be waiting to see the outcome of the board anyway.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      autorebuy is quite usefull ,don't look if you win or lost then.

and I join this rule haters, it's kind of sick playing omaha where you don't have a clue if that improbable running flush actually killed your top set or stuff. It's better to just don't look :D