basic starting hand

• LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      hi , i saw that there is another starting hand in the bronze section.
      i am in the very beggining of fl learning. i should use the basic starting hand till what limit?
  • 3 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LPLDS
      hi , i saw that there is another starting hand in the bronze section.
      i am in the very beggining of fl learning. i should use the basic starting hand till what limit?
      Each game Fixed Limit, NL Cashgames and SNG have each a different starting hands chart that you find in the strategy section for each individual type of game. ("Fixed limit" "No limit" and "Sit and Go/Tournament" under the strategy section.)
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      hmmi guess you didnt undestand my question.
      in the basic articles there is an starting hand chart.
      but in the bronze articles there is another starting hand chart
      my question is , which limit and how many hands it recommend to move to the bronze shc ( i am an total begginer in FL , with 800 hands only).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi LPLDS,

I think the article itself gives a good explaination when to use it:

You should note that you will only be able to use this information properly if you are experienced at playing post flop and know the various playing styles, else you may end up not knowing what to do on the flop. If you have just passed the quiz or played just a couple of hundred hands you may be overconfident and try to utilize advanced strategies too early. This should be avoided. Rather you should learn how to play step by step, just as the pros did in our community! You would not let someone with only 2 semesters of graduate medical study operate on you.
      If you feel comfortable postflop you can switch to the bronze charts. I think that will be after you moved up 1 or 2 limits.