Satellite strategy

• aurs
      aurs
      Black
      MTT satellite tourneys are considered extremely profitable, yet there are no strategy articles or videos at PokerStrategy.

As there are definite concepts for SNG's, tight early and loose late, how should large satellite MTT's with, say, a field of 200 players and 25% (or 10%) getting paid, be approached. Full ring SNG type tightness all the way until the blinds go very high? How does the strategy change depending on regular/turbo speed?

Let's start a disucussion and come up with a good strategy.

All kinds of ideas/examples/questions invited!
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      since people doens't need to get a huge stack to get deep itm and stuff I think it will be like a double or nothing. I guess Push loose with blinds big to be alive and there's not much need to get involved early in the game.

at least I'm playing this way , survival poker ftw :)
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      If you're close to the bubble and are relatively shortstacked, try to steal as much as you can from the big stacks who are virtually guaranteed a place... they won't want to get too involved with you and risk their place.

Obviously if you're bigstacked, avoid confrontations with other big stacks because you don't really need to eliminate them.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I would say. Stay away of big stacks... you need to make preassure on other shortstackers... they will tend to fold more on blinds, not bigstacs. Because thay are guarnteed place even if they loose.

TTT
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      If they are guaranteed a place they don't win anything from calling loose.