Remembering the strategy at the table

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      How do you remember all the details when you are at the table? I dont remember so I often play to agresively with weaker hands(like top pairs) or try to search in my summary of strategy (which is big) but I often dont find in time what should I do at current situation and lose more money. How do you remember the strategy? Maybe i should learn by heart all the basic strategy and then sit at the table?
  • 9 replies
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      print out the starting hand chart and the articles
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I have prindet out starting hand charts and main things from articles. Now I play "play money" games to get used to the strategy.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      It's only about time & experiences.. The more you play, the more you remember and there's no standard way of learning, so you need to find out what's the best line for you.

If I can give advice, don't play at play money tables - it's waste of time, because 80+% of players don't care about what's going on. If you don't want to risk your starting capital, then play some ultra-micro stakes (like 0.02/0.04), so you can't lose significant part of your bankroll even after thousands of hands.

Good luck!
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I just switched to SH tables and first couple of hundreds hands at tables were just terrible.

I had problems manage 1 or 2 tables at first... a was immidietely down like 40BB.

Give it time, play 1-2 tables, consult charts often, watch some videos - that really helps.

Yeasterday I played session of 1.2k hands and (with previously played 1k on SH) on 4 tables and I was fine, and I had to look at charts only ocaisionally - to reference BB defence or some marginal raises.

Regards

TTT
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by opal99

If I can give advice, don't play at play money tables - it's waste of time, because 80+% of players don't care about what's going on. If you don't want to risk your starting capital, then play some ultra-micro stakes (like 0.02/0.04), so you can't lose significant part of your bankroll even after thousands of hands.

Good luck!
      I know that play money games doest show how good you are, but I play them because I can't connect to mansion poker(my starting capital is in mansion poker) at the moment and I have only about 100BB on other poker site. So I will play "play money" games just to take practise for a strategy and I dont care about winnings, until I could connect to mansion poker.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      SPeedFANat1c, have you read the psychology and didactics articles?
      The following is an excerpt from http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/135/3/
      (I hope it's ok to post it, otherwise just delete it, kind moderator)

Working with the articles:
      Work does NOT mean reading an article just once.
      Work means: reading an article enough times that you can explain the content to a friend without hesitation
      Work means: Summarizing the article, and then summarizing the summary.
      Work means: Looking for an article on a particular topic, and finding a relevant example hands on the forum.
      Work means: Reading one article many times, rather than many articles once. The latter will lead to vague knowledge and leaks in your game.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      really, i have read this article, but forget :D

"Work means: reading an article enough times that you can explain the content to a friend without hesitation"
      I will try to do it.

"and then summarizing the summary."
      this is not a joke? :)
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Hehe, it could be a joke if you want it to be ;) I think it is good advice though, it's all about internalising information through repetition, as any student knows..
      The last two points are the most important imo; take one article at a time, then try to find spots when you play that the article deals with, rather than trying to apply the articles to each spot. Then post these hands in the forum. Do the same for hands that are already posted in the forum by other members.

Makes sense at all? :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I am doing something like that now when playing play money. But I dont post hands, because I look at the article by myself and then I know if I played that hand well. If I will not understand how should I have played that hand, then I will post it.