Random or Algorythm

• PaintRag555
      PaintRag555
      Bronze
      What is everyone's feelings on Internet poker? Is it really random? OR Is it a well designed algorithm? I love poker and usually play live but my current situation keeps me home most times and away from other players.
  • 5 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      It is random. Poker rooms have very good random number generators that are certified by independent testing companies. If it wasn't random, I think poker players would have noticed it. Some have millions of hands in their database so I think there would be some kind of sign of a pattern :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      a well designed randomizing algorithm
    • JediMasterC
      JediMasterC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PaintRag555
      What is everyone's feelings on Internet poker? Is it really random? OR Is it a well designed algorithm? I love poker and usually play live but my current situation keeps me home most times and away from other players.
      No, it is not random, at best its pseudo-random. As for my opinion about honesty of the game, there is basically zero chance that such poorly regulated and non-transparent environment can produce a honest game. Action inducing and reducing an edge of good players towards the fish is a standard in online poker.

As for argument about statistics... how many players in online poker actually have the needed sample to do statistical analysis, or even if they would how many of them actually collect their data as using 3rd party software and analyzing it in depth? How many of players till now have released their stats and in-depth analysis?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      in all honesty, i agree with this premise
      Originally posted by JediMasterC
      there is basically zero chance that such poorly regulated and non-transparent environment can produce a honest game
      but my results have almost literally always been positive over millions of hands, so i don't complain :D maybe i'm one of the lucky ones, maybe i'm the fish? :f_frown:
      it seems to me that they prefer to hit the regulars by making the rewards less attractive for regular play (aka changing the vip programs) rather than opening themselves to statistical analysis and stuff
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      It is random, not pseudo random. Pokerstars doen not use a computer to generate their random numbers.

They use and mix 2 sources of input among which the user input from players, the mouse gestures I think.