[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AK vs. Unknown

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      No stats on anyone here; I sat down a few hands ago.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($12.20)
      UTG+1 ($2.45)
      MP1 ($9.70)
      Hero (MP2) ($10.00)
      CO ($12.85)
      BTN ($13.85)
      SB ($3.35)
      BB ($8.75)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is MP2 A:heart: K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: K:spade: 5:spade: J:club: ($0.85, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: K:diamond: ($2.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, $2.50 to Hero ($8.60)?

A shove is standard here, right?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm not so sure if I would shove here. I mean - which worse hands are calling? KQ. Maybe KT. I doubt he's on the flushdraw and is calling your shove with it.

The funny thing is that when I first look at the hand I think 'easy shove' and now, when I start to think more I'm getting more and more convinces that this guy has 55, JJ or KJ. Check/minraise flop looks like he wants action. He leads with a big bet on the turn.

On the other hand I'm definately not folding here. If we call the pot will be 2,85+2,50+2,50=7,85 and we're both commited. So I guess a shove is the only possibility here, we still have 36% equity against KQ, KJ, JJ and 55 range.

I guess I'm taking it all too far though;) . Let's wait what the judges say, now I'm very curious ;) .
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I'm not so sure if I would shove here. I mean - which worse hands are calling? KQ. Maybe KT. I doubt he's on the flushdraw and is calling your shove with it.

The funny thing is that when I first look at the hand I think 'easy shove' and now, when I start to think more I'm getting more and more convinces that this guy has 55, JJ or KJ. Check/minraise flop looks like he wants action. He leads with a big bet on the turn.

On the other hand I'm definately not folding here. If we call the pot will be 2,85+2,50+2,50=7,85 and we're both commited. So I guess a shove is the only possibility here, we still have 36% equity against KQ, KJ, JJ and 55 range.

I guess I'm taking it all too far though;) . Let's wait what the judges say, now I'm very curious ;) .
      we arent folding never here especialy against a guy that isnt playing with full buyn .
      shoving is ok here . a lot of times the guy will call wit a weaker K and some times he will call with some draws that he made on the turn .
      the other option is to call and shove the river your self since you are in position if you suspect if he bluffs alot
      gl