This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AK vs. Unknown

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      No stats on anyone here; I sat down a few hands ago.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($12.20)
      UTG+1 ($2.45)
      MP1 ($9.70)
      Hero (MP2) ($10.00)
      CO ($12.85)
      BTN ($13.85)
      SB ($3.35)
      BB ($8.75)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is MP2 A:heart: K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: K:spade: 5:spade: J:club: ($0.85, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: K:diamond: ($2.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, $2.50 to Hero ($8.60)?

A shove is standard here, right?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm not so sure if I would shove here. I mean - which worse hands are calling? KQ. Maybe KT. I doubt he's on the flushdraw and is calling your shove with it.

The funny thing is that when I first look at the hand I think 'easy shove' and now, when I start to think more I'm getting more and more convinces that this guy has 55, JJ or KJ. Check/minraise flop looks like he wants action. He leads with a big bet on the turn.

On the other hand I'm definately not folding here. If we call the pot will be 2,85+2,50+2,50=7,85 and we're both commited. So I guess a shove is the only possibility here, we still have 36% equity against KQ, KJ, JJ and 55 range.

I guess I'm taking it all too far though;) . Let's wait what the judges say, now I'm very curious ;) .
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I'm not so sure if I would shove here. I mean - which worse hands are calling? KQ. Maybe KT. I doubt he's on the flushdraw and is calling your shove with it.

The funny thing is that when I first look at the hand I think 'easy shove' and now, when I start to think more I'm getting more and more convinces that this guy has 55, JJ or KJ. Check/minraise flop looks like he wants action. He leads with a big bet on the turn.

On the other hand I'm definately not folding here. If we call the pot will be 2,85+2,50+2,50=7,85 and we're both commited. So I guess a shove is the only possibility here, we still have 36% equity against KQ, KJ, JJ and 55 range.

I guess I'm taking it all too far though;) . Let's wait what the judges say, now I'm very curious ;) .
      we arent folding never here especialy against a guy that isnt playing with full buyn .
      shoving is ok here . a lot of times the guy will call wit a weaker K and some times he will call with some draws that he made on the turn .
      the other option is to call and shove the river your self since you are in position if you suspect if he bluffs alot
      gl