[NL2-NL10] NL10 line check - AA on dangerous board

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Villain is pretty loose - 48.6 / 5.4 / 2.14 over 37 hands.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.15)
      UTG+1 ($20.10)
      MP1 ($6.60)
      MP2 ($5.95)
      MP3 ($4.00)
      Hero (CO) ($10.00)
      BTN ($10.00)
      SB ($12.40)
      BB ($9.70)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is CO A:diamond: A:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

(Yes, I know standard pre-flop should be 4BBs, but I tend to 3-bet on tighter tables in the hopes of inducing more action. Am I wrong in that reasoning?)

Flop: A:spade: J:club: Q:diamond: ($0.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: 4:heart: ($1.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: J:spade: ($4.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB goes all-in $7.50, Hero calls $4.50

Results:
      Final Pot: $19.45
      BB shows: K:club: T:club:
      Hero shows: A:diamond: A:heart:

Hero wins $18.50 ( won +$8.80 )
      BB lost -$9.70
  • 4 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      You wan't to raise your aces preflop just as you raise any other hand so just stick to 4bb+1bb per limper rule. If you start to bet less then usual with AA someone may notice it and take advantage of it (well, maybe it's not so common on this limit, but there certainly are players out there who become a little suspicious).

And 3bet doesn't mean you bet 3 times big blind or raise 3 times the last raise - it means 3rd bet in a round of betting, like bet-raise-reraise(3bet), if someone raises once more it's a 4bet and so on. Size of the bets doesn't matter here (sorry if you know that, I just got a little confused with the explanation of your thought process).

And apart from the small raise preflop it's a nice hand imo!
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      You wan't to raise your aces preflop just as you raise any other hand so just stick to 4bb+1bb per limper rule. If you start to bet less then usual with AA someone may notice it and take advantage of it (well, maybe it's not so common on this limit, but there certainly are players out there who become a little suspicious).
      Oh no, I wouldn't bet aces any differently. I just mean that I tend to open up with 3BB preflop (regardless of the hand) on a tighter table.

And 3bet doesn't mean you bet 3 times big blind or raise 3 times the last raise - it means 3rd bet in a round of betting, like bet-raise-reraise(3bet), if someone raises once more it's a 4bet and so on. Size of the bets doesn't matter here (sorry if you know that, I just got a little confused with the explanation of your thought process).
      No worries. It looks like I'm the one who's confused. :)
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Apart from the preflop raise, perfectly played imo. I don't think that board is overly dangerous for you, chance of villian having KT isn't that high and if he holds a K or T you're giving him incorrect odds to call his draw. Overall nh.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      if you are confused you are in the right place
      as a rule i sugest to raise pre to 4 bb + 1 per limper because a simple reason
      at this limit you will raise a preaty tight range and your opponents will call a preaty lose range that is behind your raising range .
      so the purpose its to put as much money as you can with the better range because this way you will be able to build a pot easier and you will get more value in the long run
      raising to 3 bb is not bad but you dont need to do it here where your aim is only value
      the hand was fine
      nh
      gl