This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

beating rake

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL 10 on titan and rake is raping my @ss

I don't have huge upswings and each and every downswing brings me down to my original BR or below both mainly because of the rake

daily routine: I get to + 20 BB / 100 hands in a 1k hands session, then I notice I (sometimes) won 3-4 $ because everything else went to the rake, I go insane, take a half day break, play another session, get to -10 BB/100 hands and then start all over again the next day

I know some of you will say I should deposit more money so that I can get over the micro limits but I read a lot of articles, posts and threads, seen a lot of videos and attended to coachings and I still have a little bit of hope left about building my BR with SSS (even when starting on NL 10)

any advice?
  • 2 replies
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Titan is the worst option if you are a SSS player. There a lot of shortstackers there and you want to play with players with a normal stack. Also, IMO, you can't use basic SSS at those very tight tables from Titan. I think the problem is your low winrate, not the rake. Rake is normal at Titan, 5%.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Yep, the winrate is the main problem. Try to get better and avoid costly mistakes. Get a little upswing and you are over Nl10 ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar