Playing AT at the micros (zoom, no info on opponents).

• winspear
      winspear
      Basic
      Hi guys, I am struggling knowing what to do with this hand at 0.01/0.02 zoom tables. I am currently folding this hand in SB/BB to early position raises, and three betting ATs in SB/BB to mid position raises (trying to fold out AQ, AJ, low pairs, and with some equity against KK, QQ, JJ if they flat).

I call in position with ATs, and I fold ATo against early position raises.

With respect particularly to the three bet, is this actually just terrible? I am very profitable at the micros because nobody calls three bets but I worry it is going to get me into trouble later.
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      From BB you can flat call ATs against almost everyone but I would fold ATo against early position opens.
      You usually should 3bet ATs but often fold with ATo, depending on your position and villains position. Sometimes you can mix 50/50 3bet or flat.
      Blind wars are a bit different. BBvSB and SBvBTN you can add ATo to your bluff 3bet range.

It is difficult to go through every position against every position here. I think your strategy seems fine but from BB you can be flatting at least ATs (maybe not against UTG) and from SB you can sometimes 3bet and sometimes flat call ATs.
    • pisiattu
      pisiattu
      Imho oppo dipendent that his raise first in.
      From sb vs early you can flat sb (i don t flat sb vs late) but ats is so beautiful for 3bet/fold and weak for 3bet/call, i always flat, and always fold with ato , bb ato fold vs nitty and call vs villain loose, 3bet never: i prefer suited hands no dominated or top folding range with suited hands
    • scopinad
      scopinad
      Bronze
      This hand (ATo) is troublesome because it has only one of the three attributes (High cards, suitedness, connectness), also it is one of the "dominated hands" when you flop the A.

I open it from everywhere in 6max, fold it to raises in front of me, in general.
    • pisiattu
      pisiattu
      Ato bu vs co is a clear call if oppo has prf 20+, bb vs co/bu/sb must difend a wide range for odds

Sb vs co i fold at, but i 3bet sb vs bu