really Disappointed i am plz help

• Flower856
      Flower856
      Basic
      Hello
      I have been playing poker for a year . read many books and watch vidoes .
      i deposited 10 $ in pokerstars and in a tournament i became second and won 200$ .
      a week latere i became 40th in micro million for 40$ . after that i played some tournaments and won another 40$ , which means my bankroll increased to 280$.
      BUT i am a looser in the last two month ?( and my bankroll dropped to 160$ ( always playing in 1.1$ tournaments ) ;(
      i am really sad and angry about this .
      i know tournaments have lots of variance , but is my case still normal ?
      or it means that i am stil bad in poker?
      and what should i do to protect my bankroll? should i play in 45 man sit go for example exept big tournaments ?

my account if you want to check my results : luuuuuuus

if anyone have an idea plz tell me
      than you
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Flower856

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

This is most likely the variance that you didn’t won the last couple of month, but it’s difficult to said without knowing how you playing. Maybe it’s good to review your hands and if you think you don’t know if you play a hand correctly you can always post it on our Hand discussions for Tournaments board and you get feedback on it.

Qua bankroll management I would use 300 buy-inns of the highest game what you are playing to protect your bankroll. If you would play the 45 mans you need still more than 100 buy-inns to play it safe. Especially if you play only the turbo games.

I expect this helps a little bit, but if you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Flower856
      Flower856
      Basic
      thank you very much
      unfortunately in micro stakes poker the variance is too high
      for example in a tournament i raised utg 3bb with A q . a player in middle position called and flop was j a 6 . i bet half the pot , he shoved , i called and he had j 6 and i was eliminated !!!!!!!!!!! or when you make a flush and lose against a full house against a player who has queen 3 !!! because of this problems i dont know what really to do ?
      even if you play with top hands , you can lose easily by some beginners who call with every thing!
      what are you doing against this players ? i know we should fold in these situations but most of them raise with nothing too , so its really hard to undrestand how a beginner player think .
      who do you read these kind of players ?
      thank you
    • Flower856
      Flower856
      Basic
      just became 6th in big 1.1 $ :f_drink: and won 100$ and turned my bankroll back :f_love:

your forum was lucky for me :coolface:

Thank you for your advice :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by Flower856
      thank you very much
      unfortunately in micro stakes poker the variance is too high
      for example in a tournament i raised utg 3bb with A q . a player in middle position called and flop was j a 6 . i bet half the pot , he shoved , i called and he had j 6 and i was eliminated !!!!!!!!!!! or when you make a flush and lose against a full house against a player who has queen 3 !!! because of this problems i dont know what really to do ?
      even if you play with top hands , you can lose easily by some beginners who call with every thing!
      what are you doing against this players ? i know we should fold in these situations but most of them raise with nothing too , so its really hard to undrestand how a beginner player think .
      who do you read these kind of players ?
      thank you
      That’s tough to do. That’s why it’s also good to make notes of them if they make weird plays and then you can use it in the future. Also it’s good to read the MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread for all the information you need for a beginner that starts with MTT’s.
      Originally posted by Flower856
      just became 6th in big 1.1 $ :f_drink: and won 100$ and turned my bankroll back :f_love:

your forum was lucky for me :coolface:

Thank you for your advice :heart: :heart: :heart:
      Well done and your welcome :f_thumbsup: