This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Failing to plan is planning to fail - baby steps by an adult

• pawelwas
      pawelwas
      Bronze
      Hey guys, poker wannabe pro and SS member here. After promotion to 7s I’ve decided that it should be good for me to start a blog. First of all I want to track my progress. I will be using baby steps because in my opinion it is the best strategy for me. Second of all I want to crush 100s spins someday and be filthy rich playing poker. Third of all I want to improve my English skills so I could communicate as fluently as native English speaker (or even better).

This blog won’t be interesting at all for anybody besides me. I will not post degen stories, nor real life issues. It will be just a notebook, with goals, some short thoughts and probably, from time to time, graphs. Let’s start with the goals.

Long-term goals:
      :s_drink: become a winning player on 100s spins
      :s_drink: become fulltime professional player
      :s_drink: live like a baller with money from poker
      :s_drink: travel around the world

Mid-term goals (2016):
      :s_thumbsup: advance to 30s spins by the end of the year
      :s_thumbsup: advance to the highest tennis league in my city

Short-term goals (this month):
      :diamond: play at least 1200 spins
      :diamond: 80cev/g
      :diamond: 40 hours of learning

Weekly goals (12-18.09):
      :club: play at least 380 spins
      :club: 80cev/g
      :club: 12 hours of learning (this week HU BB)
      :club: review my notes daily
      :club: start my meditation course
      :club: at least 3x HH review minimum 1h long

The goals list above is not permanent, it will most likely get bigger and bigger. My plan is to play/learn 6 days a week, with poker-free Thursdays. I’m not sure about my performance with such a schedule but will find out soon. Getting to the optimal point will take some time, I’m ready for that.
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello pawelwas

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

It’s nice to see that you started a blog. Maybe it’s a good idea for you to participate in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! promotion.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and good luck with improving your Spin &Go skills :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Post removed

• pawelwas
      pawelwas
      Bronze
      I don't know who SPNB7771 is but hello SDK1987 :)

It's time for a little summary and it will not be good for me.

Weekly goals (12-18.09):
      :club: play at least 380 spins 149/380
      :club: 80cev/g 67cev/g
      :club: 12 hours of learning (this week HU BB) done even though it was not only HU BB
      :club: review my notes daily had lazy wednesday so...
      :club: start my meditation course done
      :club: at least 3x HH review minimum 1h long done

I'm a bit disappointed with myself, mostly because I was lazy at the beginning of the week and at wednesday. After that something bad happened in my family and I was totally off - could not focus on anything. I needed a week to recover. I've learned from first week that planning every day may be important for me because when I have 7 days procrastination kicks in. I was lazy in first days because in my mind I still had time to achieve my week goals. From now on I will plan every grind day, starting monday.

Some graphs:
      3s

7s so far
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That was a dump mistake of my part, but fixed it :f_ugly:
      Your graphs look good for Spin & Go’s. Keep it up :f_thumbsup: