Brace yourself!

• khmgw
      khmgw
      Global
      Brace yourself! For another (German, straight outta Berlin) teenage poker player, reaching the final tables of the biggest poker events in the coming years. Not only will I take Fedor's Crown away, I will make Daniel Negreanu look like Texas Dolly playing next to me. Now I will start building up my bankroll, starting from the scratch with one Buck. And dont bother me with wishing me luck, a pro like me does not need it. I'd rather wish you good luck, dear reader!

:gl:
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey khmgw,

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

Good luck with taking CrownUpGuy's crown as he seems to be getting better since he retired. :s_evil:

What games and limits do you play? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play. :f_thumbsup:

Don't forget to check out our bonus offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

If you need advice regarding a room then check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

If you have any questions for us, then please don't hesitate to ask. :s_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • khmgw
      khmgw
      Global
      Hi lazza61,

thanks for your kind reply. I'm glad forums and poker schools like this exists.

The only game I like to play is NL Hold'em. I planned to learn at least several strategies and basics of the game before investing any money. That's why I am registered at three poker rooms right now, using the freerolls and tickets they offer to learn as much as possible online. Mainly I play at Pokerstars, where I turned the free SnG ticket pokerstrategy gave me, into one single Dollar. I am also registered at 888poker and Ladbrokes (where I used the pokerstrategy free offer). 888poker may be popular but the design is just confusing and unclear to me.

Since I use my bonus on Ladbrokes, what can you tell me about the poker room? Is it easier to compete in a rather small community?
      What exactly are poker strategy points good for, being linked to my bonus-account-poker-room? Can I buy something with them?

I plan on staying at pokerstars, is it possible to link my account to this poker room, so I receive PS points from there, instead of Ladbrokes?

I guess as a total beginner, but a willing learner, I should first finish all the tutorials on Pokerstrategy and learn as much as possible and then learn by trial and error on the lowest limits NL Holdem Cash Game on Pokerstars? Or would you recommend me something else?

Edit:

My long term goals in playing poker are being able to participate in both, big online and offline tournaments.
      To build up my bankroll I think learning the game at the lowest stakes would be the best. Then, once I accomplished playing well for long sessions (3h to 5h), I would deposit 400$ and start grinding SnGs (max 6 or 9 players), to eventually join big tournaments. What is your opinion on this plan?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey khmgw,

Ladbrokes are a skin on the iPoker network. Typically it will be slightly easier than playing on Stars, but there are a lot of tight players at the micro limits.

You accumulate StrategyPoints (SPs) by playing real money games on tracked accounts. Accounts can only be tracked to us upon creation, so it is important to ensure you follow all the instructions in our Download guides.

You earn SPs on a monthly basis. i.e. the SPs you earn this month govern your status for the next month, although if you achieve a higher status early in this month then you will be upgraded as soon as we receive the relevant data and hold that status for the rest of this month and all of next month.

Silver status can be easily achieved under our 10 bonus point promotion. Earn 1SP in a day (about .25c-40c rake of fees, depending on room) and we will give you 10 bonus points. So you can be Silver in 9-10 days without even trying.

You can read more about how our status system works here.

Whichever game type you choose (Cash, SnG or MTTs), you should start at the lowest limits while you continue to learn, improve and get used to playing.

If your major plan is to gain experience before tackling 6 or 9 man SnGs, then it would be best to concentrate your learning on SnGs as there are some significant differences in strategy between cash tables and SnGs.

I recommend you check out CollinMoshman's videos and Collin's Sit 'N Go Crushers Academy.

Also be sure to attend his live coachings as these will often be a lower status than the podcast release. You can also interact directly with one of the premier SnG coaches on the planet.

If you have any further questions, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun :gl:

Laz