This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Doubled my Starting Capital

• prosper
      prosper
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just wanted to make my first milestone brag post!

I received my starting capital about a week ago and have been playing a Modified/Advanced SSS strategy combining what I've learnt from the articles, videos, forums, and my own prior poker experience at the NL10 tables.

I usually play many, many hours every day, however I only 1-table since my playing style takes advantage of the reads I get on my opponents. Plus I have a live poker background so I'm sure I'd be confused if I have a gazillion tables open like some of the pro's on this site! :P

Initially I had quite a big downswing and was down to around ~$35, however I had quite a healthy upswing following that. Then, a few days ago, I had a huge downswing as I wasn't able to get past the $90 level and fell to around $70 when I was getting coolered left, right and center. I remember one hand where I flopped Kings full and villain hit quads, hah! Anyway, after the gloom another upswing followed and as of right now I have doubled my starting capital :D

I've realised that SSS is very swingy however I'm following Poker Strategy's Bankroll Management Guidelines to the tee so after a downswing I usually call it quits for the day and then come back later. I'm confident that if I follow this regime my account will continue to grow :D

As a sidenote, I've also managed to reach silver status, giving me access to more content! Yay! I've also cleared about 50% of the additional $50 bonus! =)

I'm happy with the progress I've made thus far. My goals as of now are:
      1. Double this --> $200.
      2. Clear the $50 bonus.
      3. Contribute to this forum more regularly (I've been reading a lot but this is my 1st post).
      4. Reach Gold status.

Will keep you guys updated on my progress, apologises if this post was too long,

prosper
  • 2 replies