Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,85
      CO:
      $1,65

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , A:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, CO raises to $1,65 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero calls $1,25.

Flop: ($3,45) 8:club: , Q:diamond: , 4:spade:
      Turn: ($3,45) J:heart:
      River: ($3,45) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,45

Should fold because of the opponent being a shortstacker too?
  • 4 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      I dont think being a shortstacker means that much in this limits, I've seen ppl enter with $5 or more, lose some hands and start playing aggresively with $2 or less.. you see them as shortstackers, but they are no tight players at all!.

In this case, I'd consider folding more for his stats than for his stack, VP$IP of 8 is kinda low, but anyway I don't use stats in this limits, I think it was well played.
    • Paznecht
      Paznecht
      Bronze
      IMO fold here would be good. He is very tight and his re-raising range may be somewhat like JJ+, AK. In the best case for you - JJ, you are 43-57 underdog, which would be +EV, but all other hands have rather a lot more -EV.

That's how I see it, please correct me, if I'm wrong, still trying to get to know all this stuff so don't take my post as something proved, just as I understand it. :) So please, correct me (in case I'm wrong :) ).
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      I dont use stats myself either so i could only tell by his stack.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      stick to basic strategy, also co looks like a tight sss easy fold