This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help me understanding variance a little bit better

• dranzing
      dranzing
      Bronze
      Hi

Some about myself;

I've been playing poker now for about a year, but really I have been understanding poker for about half a year. I've developed so muched and acctully been able to grind a roll for my first time (20NL roll).

Now to my problem.

I'm a kind of forgiving player. I don't tilt that often and I have 30BI rule which I think is great for me. Though, i'm going threw some really enoying things which never happend to me before in such a long period for me. For one week, i've been losing buy-ins when i'm ahead so many times which is mentally hard. I have been sucked out so many times with the best hand that I really don't understand what i'm going threw. Just now when i'm writing this I just lost 1BI with my overpair to river two pair.

Now don't get me wrong. I do know that variance is a big aspect in poker, and i'm probably just in a downswing, but this week has taken a lot of my bankroll and it has been swingy like hell.

Is it normal that it will just get over for some thousand hands so I can mentally feel good about my game again, or is it normal for downswings to stay for months? I have been going down to 10NL and I am playing 6-max so I know it's more swingy, but this week has been totally sick and nothing I've ever been threw.

I'm thankful for all support I can get and trips & trix to get threw downswings.
  • 1 reply