Quiz of the Week: FL - Different Spots

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      This week's quiz takes a slightly different approach from the one we had you used to. Instead of deciding directly between call, fold or raise, you will be presented with various situations where you have to choose the answer with the correct justification to the action.

Do you think you know how to play your hands according to your position, the opponents or the pot size? Test your knowledge by clicking here to take the quiz:
  • 10 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Okay, I know I suck, but I have a query on Q6.

The answer talks about balancing lines on the flop with your top pair decent kicker KQo, having open raised pre flop from the SB, and bet the flop with your top pair of kings.

I understand that balancing lines makes sense over time, but the question says you're playing v an unknown. In this case, shouldn't we be following the standard line heads up out of position which is bet the flop, raise a bet and bet the turn with initiative?

If we just bet/call flop, check turn, do we not risk the unknown villian checking behind on the turn with worse Ax, 8x, 6x, medium PP type hands and missing value?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      16/16, woohoo
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      8/16, yay for 0 points for raising the flop against a LAG + callingstation with a made hand! Also 0 points for value-betting A9 high against a calling station + for free sd :D

I also sympathise with Waiboy, against unknown how is it wrong (0 points) to 3-bet KQo there (I chose this also after thinking about it for a long time).

I really appreciate all the work that goes into these quizzes, keep up the good work, just add a 1 point answer in next time :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Perhaps you should just learn how to play the game? :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I failed completly. I either read it wrong (should instead of shouldn't etc) or I didn't realize that this was about more than once situation. (So not about the hand but about the situation.)

I guess that was Waiboy's problem too. :)
    • SeaJaws
      SeaJaws
      Bronze
      4/16 wtf :P , I just don't agree with most of the correct answers :x, gets me to think tough :) .
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      I guess i should start to learn a new game. 4/16
      Guess that's why i have put in my blog to reread some of the previous articles, or maybe the quiz is fixed lol

Don't know how i win money in this game :P
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      wtf, how do I get 16 and you guys only get 4? ;x
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I failed completly. I either read it wrong (should instead of shouldn't etc) or I didn't realize that this was about more than once situation. (So not about the hand but about the situation.)

I guess that was Waiboy's problem too. :)
      Unfortunately, that's only the latest and most obvious problem (other than the facial ticks of course). :(
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Maybe Yoghi is just at least 2X as good as the rest of us :D

A lot of these spots seemed really close either way and you weren't making a mistake by choosing another answer, which is why the answers should be weighted a bit differently, i.e. 2 for best answer, 1 for second and 0 for obv. fish answer.