Let's do this thing. Properly this time. [Bankroll Challenge]

• Jeckedage
      Jeckedage
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      This is my thread for the ongoing bankroll challenge that I've decided to have a proper go at.

Over the past 5 years or so I've started and quit playing multiple times, paid a fortune on various training materials - all to give it up quickly after not making much progress. My willpower is almost non-existent it seems!

Will this attempt at the great game be any different than last time? Hopefully, that's the point of this thread and taking part in the challenge.

The plan of action:
      Weekdays - A couple of hours each evening. I work full-time and also bring a fair amount of work home with me, no massive grinding for me!
      Weekend - This will be my main time to study and go back over some tricky hands spots from the weekday sessions. I'm planning to be flexible here and will likely end up playing a couple of hours still.

Playing on Paddy Power as they've got a decent starting bonus and I'll be starting off playing NL4/5 6max cash and speed/zoom.

Starting with $35ish. Only 7 buyins but the zoom tables only go as low as nl5! Let's hope I don't need to reload! I've also got a few buyins worth of bonuses to grind out so I'm hoping that should help.
      Hoping to make it $1k in a reasonable about of time, we'll see what happens!

Thanks to all watching and reading, I'll keep everything updated with graphs and stats as needed :)
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jeckedage,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

How many BIs will you need to move to NL10?

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Jeckedage
      Jeckedage
      Bronze
      Thanks Laz!

It's actually been an interesting week. There wasn't often a decent amount of players in the zoom pools at nl5 and nl10. Therefore I've jumped up to NL20 very rapidly., which seems to be the busiest, although I'm now sat at around the 7ish buyins (for the stake) similar to what I started out with.

I cleared a couple of bonus chunks and also withdrew $30 so the numbers don't match up 100% but here we go:

Overall I think it's been an extremely successful week although I'm fully expecting the graph to start to level out shortly. I'm having lots of fun playing Paddy Power, I find the software itself really nice to work around even if the player pool isn't exactly the largest.

I'm interested in what people think of my stats overall, do those numbers seem ok for 6max zoom or is there something obvious I should look to work on?

Overall:
      Hands: 4694
      Starting BR: $35
      BR end of week 1: $137.58
      Profit/Loss: +$102.58
      bb/100: +20.5
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jeckedage,

That is a really weird thing that only happens at iPoker skins. NL20 Speed has had better traffic than NL5/10 for quite some time.

If you can maintain that win rate, then that would be exceptional. You have also been tankrolling (playing with less BIs than recommended) which makes it an even better effort.

Keep up the good work :gl:

Laz
    • Jeckedage
      Jeckedage
      Bronze
      Thanks Laz!
      There seem to be quite a lot of people who stick 20 euros on and are happy to donk it away with J5o :D

I'm playing with HEM2 running but not with a HUD and only checking at the end of a session, which seems to be working ok for now. I'm definitely going to hold off jumping up to NL50 until I've at least 10 buyins, though that never particularly busy it seems.

Does anyone know if it's possible to see site traffic based on stake?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jeckedage,

Poker Scout gives out regularly updated traffic on rooms. You can click through the links to get further detail on game type and stake.

Regards

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Jeckedage,

how is it going now, already attempted the jump to NL50?
      We'd love to hear from you to see at least how you are progressing in your BR challenge...

SvenBe