Best poker room to start?

• 18 replies
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rilen,

have you tried 888poker? They have soft games. Also iPoker skins are beginner-friendly. Here you can choose from a variety of poker rooms. Some examples: NetBet Poker - you get 6 StrategyPoints per €1 rake (meaning: you can advance to higher statuses on PokerStrategy.com faster) | William Hill with 5 SP per €1 rake or, alternatively Titan Poker with 3 SP per €1 rake but an offer to get $30 in free poker money on top of your first deposit.

Let us know what you've chosen :f_drink: GL!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rilen,

If you are still struggling for your choice, the check out our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

You should take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      Hi
      Is a poker site called FullFlush one of the Pokerstrategy affiliates. I have been receiving emails from them.
      Thanks
      James
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi tmannie,

nope, they are not affiliated with us. Full list of our partners can be found here: Our offering

Regards
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      Hi
      Thanks Marta, I prefer to stick with pokerstrategy affiates
      tmannie
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good choice :f_cool: Let me know if you need any further advice on which partner to choose.
    • PokerArticles
      PokerArticles
      Basic
      The simplest way to [Link removed by la55i] win at ? Follow some common rules: study your opponents, believe in your strategy and hide your tells. Beginner poker players might think that with poor cards you cannot win. However, this is the secret – play poker and deal with whatever cards you get. Here are some tips you should take into account.
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      Hi Rilen
      Perhaps you can advise me . I am looking for a site that is South African friendly, possibly on the microgaming network. I tried Titan but regrettably , although I liked the site , I had too many lost connections at critical times. I am playing on Netbet , which I enjoy, but they initiated my a/c in USA $ and the site then converts winnings from Euro to $ , although they don't charge commission , in I think about 3 or 4 cases when I won small amounts in tournies and cash games instead of increasing ,my balance decreased, I received no response from them in this regard, and to convert my a/c to Euro they say I must withdraw my funds lose any bonuses and then open a new a/c.I tried opening at 24thBet ,but their client does not work properly, once I login I get error 103 contact support , I did this and received a few email and then just nothing including my query on their Pokerstrategy forum. I have a/c's at Fultilt/Pokerstars but regrettably joined them long before Pokerstrategy ,I hardly play there except on my outstanding bonuses , if it were possible to link these to Pokerstrategy I would deposit there again, I queried this in the past ,but apparently it was not possible, but maybe this has since changed. I also enjoyed Unibet but their tournies start at one euro they have strange sng's and cash tables start at .04Euro.
      Sorry for being a bit long winded
      tmannie
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Microgaming is the place to be, it is soft with the added bonus of much lower rake.
    • Mauslord
      Mauslord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tmannie
      Hi
      Is a poker site called FullFlush one of the Pokerstrategy affiliates. I have been receiving emails from them.
      Thanks
      James
      full flush is a scaming room. whitdraws take sometimes over a year (not kidding, ask google)

Originally posted by tmannie
      I have a/c's at Fultilt/Pokerstars , if it were possible to link these to Pokerstrategy I would deposit there again, I queried this in the past ,but apparently it was not possible, but maybe this has since changed.
      tmannie
      still not working
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      Hi arthurbentley
      Do have any sites besides Titan and 24thbet on microgaming.
      thanks
      tmannie
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tmannie,

Titan is actually part of the iPoker network. We only have two Microgaming partner rooms in 24hBet and PKR but I think they don't operate in South Africa. :f_cry:

Regards

Laz
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      Hi Laz
      Thanks for your reply, this is what I thought. In my opinion Pokerstars etc certainly have the best software and many free tournies etc but I just do not have an interest in lotto type games (requiring one to go allin all the time and rebuy endlessly)masquerading as poker , and if that is the trend of the internet poker industry I will rather play cash games or brick and mortar games.
      Thanks
      tmannie
    • Rilen
      Rilen
      Bronze
      I have tried 888 poker but cash games there start with 1NL with only 50bb buy in, but expect this I think that is a good site. I have tried also Netbet , but theirs rake is very high , lots of bots , can't use "waiting list" on full tables and I had some problems with withdraws And now I'm playing on Pokerstars , the best so far , and micro games are not so shark as they say. Thank you.
    • ranjeet321
      ranjeet321
      Basic
      [Edited]

Please be advised that it is not allowed to explicitly mention of poker rooms that do not cooperate with us.
      You can find our forum principles HERE
      And a list of our partner rooms HERE

Regards,
      la55i
    • ranjeet321
      ranjeet321
      Basic
      Sorry for the inconvenience..
    • Post removed

• Post removed