PokerTracker 3 Advanced

    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.07.2008 Posts: 215
      Bellow are the stats that PokerTracker gives us when click a player. My question is: Can we add or edit what stats to give us when we click a player.? I searched and I couldn't find any option for this.

  • 12 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.10.2007 Posts: 558
      How To: HUD Configuration

      http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7505
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.07.2008 Posts: 215
      @Diodobal: Thanks. This should do the trick.

      How do I set up pop-up boxes?

      This is a two step process.

      First, you have to create the group that you want to pop up, we'll call it Group P. Create the group you want to show as a pop-up box (with whatever statistics you prefer) and set “Popup Use Only” under the “Show” box.

      Second, you have to choose a different group, call it group Q that, when you click on it, will display the popup. Choose whichever other group you want, and select Group P under the “Popup” box. Then when you click on Group Q when it is displayed on the table, Group P will be shown as a popup box.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 649
      Hi

      I just finished colouring my Hud. is there a way to save the hud configeration to my hardrive just in case i have to reinstall PT3 in the future? I know can i just dont know how. Also i want to add some stats to the default pop up window that arent in there already. How do I do so?
    • 8979687
      8979687
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.11.2008 Posts: 2,225
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Hi

      I just finished colouring my Hud. is there a way to save the hud configeration to my hardrive just in case i have to reinstall PT3 in the future? I know can i just dont know how. Also i want to add some stats to the default pop up window that arent in there already. How do I do so?
      Easiest way I can think of to save everything is to RAR your whole DIR of Poker Tracker 3.

      Then when you do a clean install of your computer, just install the proper Poker Tracker 3
      from the website, and then unrar your file and copy over everything.

      The only thing with this method, and I am just giving you the most simplest method that
      comes to the top of my head, is If the software updates....

      So if Poker Tracker 3 updates to a new version, just delete the RAR you made, and
      remake a new rar with the updated version.

      Again there would be other ways, this is just the least technical one I can think off right now.

      Also what I did, after having to wipe my PC a few times form viruses etc, is when I installed
      my operating system last time, I made 2 partitions out of the hard drive. One is small, but
      large enough to keep anything I need to backup on it, and whenever you wipe your C drive,
      Just copy everything back from the D:. I keep all my hand histories and stuff like that on D:

      Not too much space needed and it sure beats having to scour the net on another computer
      for drivers and whatnot then copy them back when you forget about something when you
      do a wipe.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 649
      Hi thanks for reply.

      I figured out how to edit stats etc. Only problem is ever since i started colour coding and customising stats - the stats remain even after a player has left the table. Before they used to dissapear 1 or 2 hands after a player left the table, now they stay there.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.07.2007 Posts: 186
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      ...is there a way to save the hud configeration to my hardrive just in case i have to reinstall PT3 in the future?...
      the layout is saved in "\Data", i can't remember which files exactly but i guess "Layouts.pt3", "StatDefinitionsCustomized.pt3" and "StatDefinitions.pt3" (and maybe the folder named "Config") should do it. if you're unsure, copy all files from that directory and uninstall pt3, the layout configurations should stay there even after uninstalling the software.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 649
      Cheers, i'll RAR those files although since i have auto-backup PC on i shouldnt have to worry. Btw i fixed the issue i was having before, i just reboot the software and reboot Stars, changed HUD performance to level 3 (can someone tell me if this is a good idea) and did some housekeeping and it works fine. I also spent about 4 hours today customising and tuning my HUD which was a bitch. i noticed some bugs like half my work didnt save properly and i had to start again.

      I also noticed theres 2 ways to colour your stats method one is through configure stats>statistics>colour>condition. and then theres my preferred way which is configure>HUD - cash> stats etc. I preferred method B because you an use exact values whilst method A requires operators which can get tricky and hard to troubleshoot. Both methods are very impractcal so make sure you do it on a free day where you have a couple of hours free because there's a lot of fiddling around.
    • 8979687
      8979687
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.11.2008 Posts: 2,225
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Cheers, i'll RAR those files although since i have auto-backup PC on i shouldnt have to worry. Btw i fixed the issue i was having before, i just reboot the software and reboot Stars, changed HUD performance to level 3 (can someone tell me if this is a good idea) and did some housekeeping and it works fine. I also spent about 4 hours today customising and tuning my HUD which was a bitch. i noticed some bugs like half my work didnt save properly and i had to start again.

      I also noticed theres 2 ways to colour your stats method one is through configure stats>statistics>colour>condition. and then theres my preferred way which is configure>HUD - cash> stats etc. I preferred method B because you an use exact values whilst method A requires operators which can get tricky and hard to troubleshoot. Both methods are very impractcal so make sure you do it on a free day where you have a couple of hours free because there's a lot of fiddling around.
      Probably one of the many reason why most people I come across say Poker Tracker is trash,
      and Holdem Manager is the way to go.

      I only play SNGS and I do not use a hud or anything, and Holdem Manager and Elephant do not
      work with SNGS otherwise I would most likely have made the switch as well.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.07.2007 Posts: 186
      Originally posted by 8979687
      I only play SNGS and I do not use a hud or anything, and Holdem Manager and Elephant do not work with SNGS otherwise I would most likely have made the switch as well.
      for sure HEM works with sngs/trnys, screenshot
    • 8979687
      8979687
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.11.2008 Posts: 2,225
      Originally posted by Marky84
      Originally posted by 8979687
      I only play SNGS and I do not use a hud or anything, and Holdem Manager and Elephant do not work with SNGS otherwise I would most likely have made the switch as well.
      for sure HEM works with sngs/trnys, screenshot
      I do not need a HUD, I need post game analysis, I need to bring up my sessions, and review
      them and track my winnings and losses, Holdemmanager does not support SNGs for that.

      at least last time i checked.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 649
      At the moment, PT3 doesnt support auto tourney summarys which PT2 did have. I was very dissapointed with this but after going through there forums etc they said they will integrate this feature soon enough. Also there are some great new features on the way like bankroll management and other cool stuff. click here and see what else there going to bring, maybe some of you guys could suggest some other stuff to improve the software.
    • 8979687
      8979687
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.11.2008 Posts: 2,225
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      At the moment, PT3 doesnt support auto tourney summarys which PT2 did have. I was very dissapointed with this but after going through there forums etc they said they will integrate this feature soon enough. Also there are some great new features on the way like bankroll management and other cool stuff. click here and see what else there going to bring, maybe some of you guys could suggest some other stuff to improve the software.
      Was a bit of a pain at first but with Stars I just had to goto requests and send my last summaries over, then copy and paste em from the email into a txt file then drop the text file into
      the hand history directory.

      With Full Tilt, the summaries are automatic.

      No hassle.

      Never tried with other sites though.