First day.

• Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Well first I want to thank pokerstrategy for the bonus!

So I started playing just like SSS says.

I fold 97% of my hands, I lose too much on the blinds, and when I have a made hand everybody folds...

Yesterday I lost $5 playing the system, today I got it up to $54 playing almost the system and now after losing 3 hands in a row, I am back down to $42....

I lost some really unlucky hands, and then I am supose to continue betting when I raised preflop even if I have nothing, that made me lose some money.

Should I keep playing SSS?

Thanks
  • 14 replies
    • ttrp
      ttrp
      Bronze
      yeah Im down to almost 30 dollars..

pushing all in with three of a kind ace(pocket AA) only to lose to pocket tens getting a straight ... its frustrating
    • CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      bad luck poker involves luck no matter what the pros say. I lost all my BR getting bad beats it sucks but thats poker, try to have fun and the luck will come. you can learn the basics and strategy like a pro then you just have to wait for those lucky runs cheers!
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

if you want to start winning money you should start attending coachings and posting hands. And I hope you watched all the available videos a couple of times already.
    • ttrp
      ttrp
      Bronze
      hmm yeah I guess one of the main things, and hardest to learn is to not let variance get to you

Im almost up to the 50 again
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Most important thing is bank roll management. Variance isn't avoidable, but going broke is!
    • ttrp
      ttrp
      Bronze
      yeah I am playing within bankroll though..

FTP doesn't have any limit under .5/.10

but hey Im up to 60 now (:
    • smartyr
      smartyr
      Bronze
      I don't get the "improve your play" yelling. If the articles here on PS aren't miles off, SSS is really really easy. You have to think like 1 in 1000 hands, the rest is a definite decision by the charts.

Anyway, SSS doesn't work for me either. Constantly losing money doing what the articles tell me to.

By the way going broke definitely is not avoidable. If you're already playing at NL10 and SSS is still going to get you broke then there really isn't much you can do about it.

Apart from that I'd be interesting in the reasoning behind SSS. All I've heard yet are vague beliefs and pointers to "experience". Show me the maths or it's just a religion.
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dante63s

Yesterday I lost $5 playing the system, today I got it up to $54 playing almost the system and now after losing 3 hands in a row, I am back down to $42....

Thanks
      First off, how many hand is this? If you lost $5 in 100 hands that's normal, even in 1000 hands. Second, if in 3 hands you lost $12 it doesn't sound like you are playing with Bankroll management.

So stick with it and stick to BRM!!

Good luck!
    • ttrp
      ttrp
      Bronze
      its just easy to go down a bit with how many times it says to push all in
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dante63s
      Well first I want to thank pokerstrategy for the bonus!

So I started playing just like SSS says.

I fold 97% of my hands, I lose too much on the blinds, and when I have a made hand everybody folds...

I lost some really unlucky hands, and then I am supose to continue betting when I raised preflop even if I have nothing, that made me lose some money.

Thanks
      I feel your pain, when i first started i lost like $15. I'm up to $82 playing SSS, and lots of players have made a lot of money playing only sss.
    • RonseDK
      RonseDK
      Bronze
      SSS works. It´s a simple strategy but you have to play it absolutely correct. A small mistake here and there can be the turning point between succes or failure. I learned a lot from reading and re-reading + watching videos over and over again.

It´s hard work but with patience it pays off.....
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I got it up to $54 playing almost the system and now after losing 3 hands in a row, I am back down to $42....

You are playing the wrong limits for your bank roll then...........
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I suggest to read and reread all the articles, watch videos, join coachings and post your hands. Those things will help you to get better as fast as possible. You can also read on the forum to learn more about SSS, a lot of players posted their problems and ideas, it might be usefull to read those.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice.

And for the guy who asked the limit, I am playing 0.05/0.10, playing the system. I did lose $2 on AT suited, that was not playing SSS.

And then the hand that I lost another $2.20 was KQ, raised late, two callers.

The flop was 2Q7, bet and Guy1 raise, Guy2 Called, I called all-in.

Turn: T

River: 8

Guy1 had J9
      Guy2 had 77

LOL, Guy1 got so lucky!