This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$1 Turbo SNGS advice

• LuckyRH
      LuckyRH
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any of you can tell me which video is the best one to watch for Turbo sngs. I play on party poker the $1 sngs I always seem to end up with what I started with.

So any tips/help would be appreciated.

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi,

Party's 1$ Turbos are actually pretty tough to beat because of the rake which is 20-25% or something.. So if you are breaking even you are doing a pretty good job already.
      As for the videos I think any one from the SNG section can help and there are not so many so you can easily (and should) watch them all.
      I also recommend using the ICM trainer a LOT. Once you get pretty good at it (like 95% correct) set it to 4 players to practice the bubble play which is very different to the normal play.

Hope some of this helps.
      Lubor
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I agree, $1 sng's aren't very good for bankroll building unless your ROI is above the huge rake (which isn't extremely hard, but variance can be a killer and it can take a long time to get to the next level)

I suggest if you can deposit $50 and get a bankroll for $3 games, I find they are slightly more sane than the $1's ;) . I started with sng's at $3.40, above BRM, but promised myself to move down to $1 if I hit $35 or so. I also intended to deposit $50 anyway to take advantage of the first deposit bonus, so it wasn't so bad for me to start at a higher buyin. If you do decide to go higher, make sure you set a lower limit for BI's to move down at and stick to it!

Good fortune to you!