New begins and how to go

• Jeymont
      Jeymont
      Bronze
      Hello, i wanna start again with poker on Pokerstars but with correct step.

You can see, that i do something wrong. Id like to change it.

My BR is 150$ and i like SNG/MTT. Could you "prepare" training plan? I need imagine how to workout on myself.

How often play, what play 90man or 9man? How often study and how to study etc. It would be perfect when you add me on skype and we can speak about ;)

See you soon and thanks for answers ;)
  • 5 replies
    • JohnnyChrist
      JohnnyChrist
      Bronze
      With 150$ bankroll, are you playing 1$ 90 man sit n go's? How strict are you with your BRM?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s a decent downswing and 90 mans you need to have a decent bankroll to kill the variance and I would use at least 200 buy-inns for it and then is the 9 mans a lot better to play with less variance in it. Also it’s better to improve 1 game first than to play 2 completely different SNG formats. So I would start with the 9 mans and if you play that winning on the long run you can always try the 90 mans. Also it’s good to post hands regularly on our hand discussion forum. So you get feedback on the hands you have played.

I expect this helps a little bit and if you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Jeymont
      Jeymont
      Bronze
      I read on different Poker Forum. 1 Buy-in = 1% of ur BR so 1.5$ is 1% of 150$. I dont know let me teach. I have 150$ what formats of SNG do u recoment?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Jeymont,

Depending on field size and where you play, that figure could be variable. 100 BIs is fairly standard for 9-45 manners, but for 90/180 manners the BRM should be more like MTT (150-200+),

Regards

Laz
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by JohnnyChrist
      With 150$ bankroll, are you playing 1$ 90 man sit n go's? How strict are you with your BRM?
      At the beginning it is better to have a (very) strict bankroll management. I restarted poker in May this year after 7 years of absence from the tables, playing Sit and Goes und MTT´s. I even started much smaller: with 20€ and 0,1 and 0,2 € Sit and Goes. First it is very important to get the basics right and to get routine.

That is my opinion.