[PROMOTION] Guess the Hand [Hand 1]

• Lazza61

Hey guys,

Welcome to our Guess the Hand promotion. Fancy your hand reading skills? Want to be $50 richer and get a Status Upgrade?

Guess the hero's hand and you could be on your way to riches, or at least the community's admiration for your superior skills.

Every few days we will be posting a new hand for you to analyse in our community forum.

How to play

Use all of your reading skills and poker instincts to make your best hand guesstimate for the hand we are facing. We want you to post what you think the hand is and explain why you think that. For each hand you get right, you will be awarded 2 points:

1 point for the correct answer
      1 point for the correct explanation

You have until Sunday October 16 to post your guesses.At the end, we will count up all the points and the players with the most points will win.

Hand 1:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
      Winamax6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
      UTG ($681) 170bb
      MP ($400) 100bb
      CO ($1168) 292bb
      BTN Hero ($400) 100bb
      SB ($612) 153bb
      BB ($400) 100bb
      Pre-Flop: (6, 6 players) Hero is BTN :Ad: :As:

3 folds, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, BB raises $30, Hero raises to $60, BB raises to $124, Hero raises all-in, BB calls

What's BB hand?

What can I win?

1st Place: $50 TaF + Status Upgrade +2 (Up to Diamond)
      2nd Place: $50 TaF + Status Upgrade (for one month)
      3rd-5th Place: Status Upgrade (for one month)

Good Luck :gl:
  • 430 replies
    • lssndr
      :Ac: :Ah:
    • JohnnyChrist
      Ah Ac
    • lupetto63
      penso che BB abbia copia KK/QQ/AK fa raise pensando di avere la mano migliore o almeno forte, per me hero va in all-in perchè il suo equity pre flop è superiore a 80% ed è quasi certo di prendere il piatto, nonostante questo penso vinca BB
    • endia
      BB ha KK, o comunque una monster.
      Da BB, potrebbe avere un range per tribettare BU che comprende Ax, suited connectors, brodway, ma già quando fourbetta a 124$ dovremmo restringere di molto il suo range.
      Il call allo shove è solo con top range: AA/KK/AKs.
    • msnek
      Well, if the villain is really a solid tight player I think we can exclude pure bluffs (since these never were in his range at all) and hands he would turn into a bluff - hands like AKs, AQs, AKo, AQo, AJs. He also doesnt have QQ or JJ since he would call these most of the time or even fold (depends on how much is he really tight). Now, the question is if he would do it with KK. But from my own experience tight players are either calling 4bets with this hand or shoving. So the only hand he would do this min 5bet with is AA - he wants us to push it all in with w/e we have, because he could be thinking (if he is solid thinking player) something like this: "He (hero) knows I am tight, so if I will simple push it all in, he will know for sure I am holding either AA or KK and he will fold most of his range. But if I will make min5bet he could continue with bigger part of his range.".

Conclusiuon: If you want us to say particular hand combination in our answer, I would say villain had AhAc. If you want us to anwser in terms of range, I would say some KK combos are there (so answer would be AA, KK) SOME of the time.

But it obv depends really on how much hands we have on him, what his stats are, what notes we have on him (have we seen him 5bet before?, with what hands is he 3beting with in this situation BB vs BTN?), what history we had at the table with him, if he is on tilt or not, what is our image at the table etc. etc. etc.
    • PiaveKK
      A profitable call from BB (pot is given 276:524) shoud be QQ+, AK. With the min5bet/call line, if I discount the 1 AA combo, the min5bet is for value (justifying a call on the shove) only whit KK and with an ideal raise dimension to induce a shove from hero that could think having good FE against AQ-JJ-AKo.
    • la55i
      At higher limits I would expect to see 5bet bluffs and wider shoves. BB 5bet bluffs with JJ and because there is so much money in the pot and hero might have AK,AQ he calls with it.

So my answer is: JJ
    • msnek
      Originally posted by la55i
      At higher limits I would expect to see 5bet bluffs and wider shoves. BB 5bet bluffs with JJ and because there is so much money in the pot and hero might have AK,AQ he calls with it.

So my answer is: JJ
      Tight player is still a tight player whatever the stakes are (same goes for fish, same goes for nit). Yes, you are probably right. At higher limits there are more good regs, who are 5bet bluffing more frequently (still in the right spots, so usually regwars) than regs on lower limits, but these guys wouldnt be marked as tight by OP. If that would be the case here, I think OP would mark villain as -rather tight player-, but he would mark him more probably like -LAG- or "solid winning reg" or something like that.
    • Frankiz92
      Dopo la 5bet di BB e il suo call alla sixbet all in di hero,il range di BB recita AA, AKs ,credo invece che con KK hai abbastanza informazioni per fare fold visto la move di hero iperaggressiva e anche perchè se calli con KK ti ritrovi al massimo contro la stessa mano se ti va bene ,anche se la posizione di bottone puo far pensare ad un range più largo,la six bet all in di hero toglie tutti i dubbi sul fatto che l'unica mano di hero può recitare solamente AA o anche KK ed infatti è per questo che BB può introdurre nel suo range di call anche AK,AKs.
    • leo23s
      A :club: A :heart:

We are saying that BB is a tight player. So i dont expect that he would 5B wider than AK-QQ+. However, in this case as he min5bet and called the push i guess that with AK/QQ he would probably make the 5B bigger or fold vs hero push.

Therefore now i reduced his range just to KK/AA but with KK usually the 5B should be bigger as all the flops with A/Qxx would be difficult to play against it being OOP. So thats its why i put him in AA.
    • RandomNickname
      A :club: A :heart: because I was the BB.
    • tropicana1
      Rilanci così bassi sono fatti generalmente per intrappolare l'avversario, infatti hero lancia all in quando l'altro ha già messo quasi tutto lo stack nel piatto. Quindi io penso che anche oppo abbia AA.
    • preem84
      The BB has: :Ah: :Kh:
    • Zeezout
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I think he has KK and wants Hero to shove. AA would be possible of course, but since there are only 2 A's left, I think KK is more to be expected.
    • GraLew
      The most probable play IMO would be with AA. There is only one combination, so it would be AcAh
      There is still high probability it would be 6 combos with KK,

My guess is AcAh, 5bet bluffs are still possible, but expecting it from rather tight player is too optimistic.
      Second thing is that, he is probably trying to induce allin from hero by small size of 5bet.

• mcarrillo89
      The min-5bet don't represent other value hand unless Aces.
      so AcAh is my choose
    • LeTrac
      I think its close, but since his Range consists of 6xKK and 1xAA its probably KK.
      But I think its the two left Aces
      so my guess is AcAh
    • netrunner1
      :Ac: :Ah:

As BB, a rather tight player, receives a 4bet from Hero and chooses to min 5bet, we can exclude any bluff line and also hands like QQ/JJ which he can call (or fold to) Hero's 4bet. Probably with AK/AKs villain would prefer to shove against a 4bet coming from BTN rather then playing oop in a 4bet pot. There are still 6 combos of KK that BB obviously won't fold facing a 4bet, but often i see people shoving directly, sometimes calling, against that BTN move. The 5bet sizing is quite typical from certain tight players to induce a shove from lag ones, so i narrow BB range to AA only.
    • Eantequera
      Para mi tien kk por que la primera subida pone fuerte para agarrar un bleff desde el boton, cuando le suben (4 bet), su pensamiento todabia es la duda dado que le suben en doble e intenta el 5bet para ver si realmente tiene algo.