New begins (2nd time)

• Jeymont
      Jeymont
      Bronze
      Hello,
      on PSGY im not new, but ive never interduced myself. Soo lets go!

My name is Vojtěch and im from Czech Republic. For who doesnt know. Its beside Germany and under Poland :D I have done combat sport since my 6/7 years. Im 20 btw ;) For guys who thinks i do shits like fitboxing etc.. Definetly not :D I have ove 180 fights in my life in many type of sport such as Boxing, Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling :)

Now about Poker
      I started playing poker in 15. I deposited 20$ which i lost in hour. In 19 i tried it again. :) Ill post my loosing graph.
      I enjoy MTTs and SnG, but i dont know if i would focus on 9, 45, 90 or 180 man. Would be nice tell me your opinion :)
      In 14 day i want deposit around 150$ and start again. Im gonna read all Strategies before playing and study SnG videos :) Do u have any other materials which would be good for check? Also i love Tonkaaaa stream. For me the enjoyest stream. :)

See you soon!

• 5 replies
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Hallo Vojtěch :milord:

I think it is hard to recommend a certain SNG for you. It really depends on what you like to play. But you could have in mind that big fields can be equal to more varians, and therefore bigger swings. If you wanna try start slowly grinding your bankroll up, you could start playing 9- and 18 man SNGs mainly.

I can recommend you check out Collin's Sit 'N Go Crushers Academy.

Other than that streams like Tonka's is definitely a great way to improve and rethink your poker game. If you like watching poker streams and coachings, remember PokerStrategy have both a Twitch account and the coaching on the site (SNG and MTT streams included):
      PokerStrategy on Twitch
      PokerStrategy Coaching

Good luck with your upcoming bankroll :f_drink:
      If you have any further questions, dont hesitate to ask - we will do out best to help you.

- Malendes
    • Jeymont
      Jeymont
      Bronze
      I think too, that 9/18man is best for me. I dont have 12 hours per day to spend in MTTs usually i have 4-5 hours per day. Weekends are free. I have question for you :) Everbody say "If you wanna money, you must study. You must study, more than play. Study is the most important etc.." But nobody tell me what does it mean :) ok ok... My last session ill put to HRC, than recheck marked hands. What else? HRC tells me what is bad/good in my pushing range. Usually i have 1.5-3% bad pushes.

Do you have any materials how to play postflop? (I read PSGY post flop :D ) Im nervous, when is flop for example Ad 4d 8h pot 6800 and maniac with big stack raise for 9000. Or when he every barrel raise for 1/3 of pot and than goes all in.

I think i need help with this "special" situations

Jey
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Very few poker players get success without studying poker. There is a lot of ways how to study the game, per example as you do - replay your own hands and analyse them and to watch others play. But you can also read articles, books or even get help from other players, either through coaching or by discussing hands in the SNG Hand Discussion Forum. Here you can post your own hands and ask your fellow PokerStrategy players for help (example with your postflop play) or you can discuss other players' hands and that way gain knowledge.
      I wouldnt say you should study more than actually playing, but studying around 20% of the time you spend on poker can be a gamechanger if you want to take your poker game to the next level.
    • Jeymont
      Jeymont
      Bronze
      I read Poker Tournaments game of professionals and Poker Like Job by Dusty Schmidt. Now i wait for Positive Poker and than Mental Game of Poker but im not sure if my english level is enough. First 3 are in czech Mentale Game of Poker not. Dusty write that Poker time is 80:20 as you. But i heard guys who told 40:60 (Play:Study) or 20:80 at the begin.
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      I have been through Mental Game of Poker too, and I didnt find it that hard to read (English isn't my native language either). I can definitely recommend the book.

Regarding studying it depends. If you are completely new and you take you time at studying and getting to know the basics of poker. Even really experienced players have periods where they study the game intense, but in general I would say 80:20 (game:study) is a nice balance.