Stats explanation please

• andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I have just gained access to the Silver articles (BSS NL). The first one was very civilized and (too) easy to follow.

Then the next article then using sample hands refers to this for each opponent:-

(34/12/1.1/28/101) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

This is one hell of a jump from 'what hands to play pre-flop'!

Is there a link or accessable article explaining what the numbers mean?

I mean I know what VPIP means but how does 34 fit into the scheme of things? 34 what exactly?

Thanx
  • 8 replies
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      I have this question also
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      This is the second silver SSS article! This explains all the statistics terms and how they are used.

Or is this the article you are having trouble with?

Hope this helps. :)
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Thanx, I had seen this, but I still find it vague. e.g.

What does this mean exactly? (34/12/1.1/28/101) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Some values (34) seem to be a % and Hands is self explanatory, but what is 1.1?

Cheers
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Hang on...........1.1 is the result of a ratio.............ah the penny drops :D

So what would an AF of say 1.1 mean? What is a typiacal passive players AF and an agressive players AF?

Ta
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I mean I know what VPIP means but how does 34 fit into the scheme of things? 34 what exactly?
      these percentages are of the total hands. So '34 vpip%' means the guy is voluntarely putting money in the pot (preflop) with 34% of all the hands he was dealt. Blind posting is excluded because it's not voluntarely.
      So it includes limping, raising, cold-calling, as long as it's voluntarely.

hmm I saw you also posted this :) :
      Don't confuse me sir ! :D
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      these percentages are of the total hands. So '34 vpip%' means the guy is voluntarely putting money in the pot (preflop) with 34% of all the hands he was dealt. Blind posting is excluded because it's not voluntarely.
      So it includes limping, raising, cold-calling, as long as it's voluntarely.

hmm I saw you also posted this :) :
      Don't confuse me sir ! :D

Your confused.........so what is 1.1 good or bad? :D
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze

Your confused.........so what is 1.1 good or bad? :D
      An agression factor of 1.1 is too low I think. I think it should be between 2 and 5, depending what stakes you play, but I'm not sure.

My average aggresion factor over 28K hands (NL10 + NL25) is about 2.5. Not that that's the right number, but 1.1 wpuld be too low, in other words too passive (not aggressive enough = probably too much calling and not enough raising).

But I'm just starting to play with stats myself, so I'm not exactly the grandmaster of stats :D .
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Thanx for the info............cheers