About SSS c-bet

• tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Hello,

I,m playing on Party NL10 at the moment, I always c-bet 2/3 pot, except cases when there is really dry board like K72 rainbow then i c-bet 1/2 pot and as we know our opponent need to fold at least in 40% of the cases after a bet of 2/3 pot, its about ~33% if we bet 1/2 pot so that we break even. And the thing is when i c-bet against loose players there is no chance I ll make them fold 40% of the cases, they almost never fold, there is no respect at least on party, of course i always c-bet against UNknown, and against tight players c-bet works pretty well, so i think that if we play against loose player then its better to check behind and evaluate turn what do you think?

p.s I'm talking here about cases where we don't catch flop.

tomzs
  • 3 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      well, I am not playing SSS, but I partly agree. You can check behind more. But you can also just keep betting if you think you have the best hand. For example: the board is 237 rainbow. Your opponent is a loose fish and calls any bet on the flop, imo you should cbet and shove the turn because your hand is good very often. I am not a SSS expert though.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I have the same problem I raise preflop with the SSS hands, then usually isolate one opponent. I c-bet into them on most boards and they usually call. The turn shows up a blank and then I am lost in the hand. I am essentially committed but I have nothing?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      That happens sometimes guys. But if you have no good reads on your opponents do stick to the 2/3 c-bet (remember that this is only when you are heads-up on flop). All judges in the SSS sample hands forum advise that and it's proven to be +EV for me and many others.

As we add stats to our game we learn deviations from the 2/3 potsize c-bet depending on the situation.

As the c-bet will often make you go all-in you will also win many hands just with an A high against these loose fish.