Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP1:
      $12,69
      MP2:
      $8,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:diamond: , A:spade: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0,50, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,50, 6 folds.

Flop: ($1,25) Q:spade: , 4:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, MP1 calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,65) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($4,65) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $14,65

Usually I would fold on the river here, but I decided to call on the spot, it looked like a
      'scare-away' overbet with air or small pocket then. But after analysing my game I think I should have folded here. What's the right play?
  • 3 replies
    • CoverJ
      CoverJ
      Bronze
      id consider a raise on the turn, i think if he calls a raise to $3-$4 here you can fold and sleep at night. i too tho would be suspicious of his river bet.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      whats your read on him when you check the turn ? he floats much ? he bluffs when checked to him
      then i like your line
      even if he overbets the river its much more likeley to do this with a bluff then with a made hand .considering your line that you shown weakness on turn by checking + chekinh river i think calling is fine unless you have some reads on his sizing
      i think unless he has qj you are almost always good
      gl
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      whats your read on him when you check the turn ? he floats much ? he bluffs when checked to him
      then i like your line
      I didn't have a specific read on him to be honest, the only thing I knew is that he's aggressive and I didn't want to be checkraised.

i think unless he has qj you are almost always good
      Well, he showed me quads, I was curious if I could deduct this from the way he played ;) . And now I do have a read on him.