This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo flops tptk

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP1:
      $12,69
      MP2:
      $8,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:diamond: , A:spade: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0,50, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,50, 6 folds.

Flop: ($1,25) Q:spade: , 4:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, MP1 calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,65) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($4,65) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $14,65

Usually I would fold on the river here, but I decided to call on the spot, it looked like a
      'scare-away' overbet with air or small pocket then. But after analysing my game I think I should have folded here. What's the right play?
  • 3 replies
    • CoverJ
      CoverJ
      Bronze
      id consider a raise on the turn, i think if he calls a raise to $3-$4 here you can fold and sleep at night. i too tho would be suspicious of his river bet.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      whats your read on him when you check the turn ? he floats much ? he bluffs when checked to him
      then i like your line
      even if he overbets the river its much more likeley to do this with a bluff then with a made hand .considering your line that you shown weakness on turn by checking + chekinh river i think calling is fine unless you have some reads on his sizing
      i think unless he has qj you are almost always good
      gl
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      whats your read on him when you check the turn ? he floats much ? he bluffs when checked to him
      then i like your line
      I didn't have a specific read on him to be honest, the only thing I knew is that he's aggressive and I didn't want to be checkraised.

i think unless he has qj you are almost always good
      Well, he showed me quads, I was curious if I could deduct this from the way he played ;) . And now I do have a read on him.