This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 ATo in a 3bet pot

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,16
      Hero:
      $15,17

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, SB raises to $0,70, BB folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,50) A:club: , A:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,43, Hero calls $1,43.

Turn: ($4,36) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,15, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8,51

Fold preflop?
      I decided to call cause his raise was so small and I had position on him.
      Then it's kinda way ahead/way behind - either he has a stronger ace and I have 3 outs or he has a big pocket and he has max 2 outs. Or is it? If I'm calling turn he ends up with less than potsize left on the river and we're playing for stacks most likely, which I don't want in here.
  • 2 replies
    • CoverJ
      CoverJ
      Bronze
      no, i agree with you his raise is so small there's no way you should fold here + you have position. with such a small raise is he trying to keep you in with K's or something or he may just be having a cheap go with any 2, who knows. i think if he has AK AQ he is raising more than 30 cents.

i also think if he actually has the ace he will check one of those streets. i wouldn't blame you for going broke here but i can understand your hesitation.

at the end of the day i dont know if i can fold trip aces haha.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      callin a small 3 bet ip is fine
      as you said its a way ahead way behind situation and if you call turn you are comited on the river
      if you consider his 3 beting range aj + tt + and some total air and you consider he fires the turn just with aj+ then its a muck
      otherwise call turn + river
      gl