Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,16
      Hero:
      $15,17

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, SB raises to $0,70, BB folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,50) A:club: , A:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,43, Hero calls $1,43.

Turn: ($4,36) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,15, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8,51

Fold preflop?
      I decided to call cause his raise was so small and I had position on him.
      Then it's kinda way ahead/way behind - either he has a stronger ace and I have 3 outs or he has a big pocket and he has max 2 outs. Or is it? If I'm calling turn he ends up with less than potsize left on the river and we're playing for stacks most likely, which I don't want in here.
  • 2 replies
    • CoverJ
      CoverJ
      Bronze
      no, i agree with you his raise is so small there's no way you should fold here + you have position. with such a small raise is he trying to keep you in with K's or something or he may just be having a cheap go with any 2, who knows. i think if he has AK AQ he is raising more than 30 cents.

i also think if he actually has the ace he will check one of those streets. i wouldn't blame you for going broke here but i can understand your hesitation.

at the end of the day i dont know if i can fold trip aces haha.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      callin a small 3 bet ip is fine
      as you said its a way ahead way behind situation and if you call turn you are comited on the river
      if you consider his 3 beting range aj + tt + and some total air and you consider he fires the turn just with aj+ then its a muck
      otherwise call turn + river
      gl