beginner bss

• mightygonzo
      mightygonzo
      Bronze
      how is the best way to move from sss to bss, i have never played bss before and i am experiencing slow but steady success with the sss.
      how have any of you moved from short stack to big stcak on the tables
  • 4 replies
    • tytyty2121
      tytyty2121
      Bronze
      It's like the first time you drove a car.

You learn the theory, you listen to the advices of wise people and then you go. :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tytyty2121
      It's like the first time you drove a car.

You learn the theory, you listen to the advices of wise people and then you go. :)
      this

read the articles and stick to the bank roll managment. Post hands. ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think you make many more points playing SSS, sometimes I wish I could play SSS lol, but Ive played BSS always so its hard to adjust.

Its a BIG difference so you need to study a lot and maybe try high limit playchips to get a feeling for the game. If you arent afraid of loosing some money dive right into the cash tables.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I've been dealing with this problem for the last few days, just switching over. Last couple parts of my blog :) , feel free to look, i mention some of the problems I've been having. I just read articles/watched videos for a whole night.

Played a little then. Reviewed my hands throughly any that weren't folded preflop, and marked ones that were folded preflop i wasnt sure about. I've played maybe 2k hands so far and first 500 i was pretty clueless. I was down about 4-5 BI probably, and know I've made that up, and some more :) .

I highly suggest pokertracker, theres a 60 days free trial, and I really think its worth it if you're not using tracking software now.

If you'd care to talk or study some, feel free to send me pm or write on my blog! :)

if not good luck :D

edit. yeah just saw this was an old post. You're prob farther along than me by now!