Turbo's vs Regular SnG

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      How many BI would you reccomend for the lowest Turbo's on Pokerstars.

I started with about $20 with $1 BI and i've more than doubled that in the last couple days over about 100 Sng's. Sometimes get bad beat at beginning but if i get near the bubble i win prob 60% of the time so far. I know small sample size, could be upswing, but im confident about my play, especially the endgame, at least at this level. I think I'd do even better on Turbo but was curious, is variance higher on these SnG?
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      of course. the faster the blinds go up the less time people have to make big mistakes like get their money in when they are drawing dead or go broke preflop with KQo against your KK 50bb deep etc...
      with high blinds they still play bad but now they can often get it in like a 60:40 or 55:45 underdog... this boosts variance a lot.
      but it should be still ok. i wouldn´t play with less than 50 buy ins... even at the low limits. personally i run a 150bi brm but this is too much i guess :D . i´m a br nit
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      hi
      I would advise you to keep playing 1$ SNGs until you have 40-50 BI (at least 30 - which is imo not enough) for the turbos!
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      1$ turbo sng sux so bad... coz you can expect roi of 10-25% but rake is 25% so is realy hard to be break even... i tryed few of 1$ on party poker coz i was bored and had 50$ on that site ...and it was not +EV or maybe was but to little

your biggest swing will be probably 60BI so think about it ... i will prefer 60BI+

as frzl said ... variance is maybe 2-3 times higher then normal sng but it can be big upswing or big downsing

if you want to stick with turbos ... most importat think is hourly rate ... if you houlry rate at 1 month is bigger with turbos there is no way playing normal sng...

for imagination: sesion of 4 5$ normal sng will take 90min... your ROI is lovely 20%... so your hourly rate is 2,6$

but playing 4 5$ turbos took only 30 minutes ... or maybe more depends of blind structure bu definitly it is more than 1/2 then normal sng... you ROI is not that nice it is only 10%? ... but you horly rate is 20$x2x0,1=4$

plus rakeback 2-3 times more than normal sng

hmm that is my opinion
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      anyway of this i will probably advise you playing normal sng...reason:

minus of playing turbos:

-you will learn much more with normal sng
      -turbos are especialy good for multytablers so you need some skills to have
      -very bad for new players coz if they play 1-2 tables they can loose 8-10games in row coz of variance and that sux
      -it is hard to build BR with them

and many others..