This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Spinning, a journey to long-term winning!

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      New giraffe from last week, not much time this week to give much comments on it, except it wasnt too good at all...
      Made quite some personal mistakes and reviewed my game this weekend to hopefully get better results.

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Another short update, im sorry guys :f_rolleyes:
      But the little man (my son) is pretty sick, so im very distracted at the moment.
      And again not a profitable week...:f_confused:
      Working a lot on reviewing my game and seeing to my own disbelief that i call way too much with TP on heavy aggression turn/river...
      Digging my own holes here :f_mad: :f_mad:
      Only positive note is my redline, i improved my own aggressiveness on the river mostly where i used to check behind way too much.

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Cruel mindplays

Those 2 words describe exactly what was going on in my head the past 3 weeks in december.
      Every session, every week.. the same giraffe:
      * redline going titanic
      * blueline going downhill faster than i can ski
      * EV-line agreeing with the above

When that stuff happens, you start doing weird things... like trying to overcompensate by playing like a maniac :f_ugly:
      Which explains the redline, raising and reraising preflop, betting 3 bet pots very light on the flop and getting forced to fold on turn or river.

The other thing that happens is tilt, because you are getting hit on the river by set over set, losing with aces 7/10 times, straight flushed away etc..
      Hence that ugly blueline AND EVline agreeing with it.

Off course i went looking in my database on my biggest loss hands, just to see i was unlucky, but not for the 11 BI i lost...no no no, more was happening... or wasnt it???? :f_rolleyes: :f_o: :f_o:

See, then you start doubting on your skill, postflop lines, etc and that cruel mindplay comes around the corner.
      Luckily just in time i grabbed back to what always helped me in tough periods of play:
      the video section of pokerstrategy...
      Watching those videos again can really make a difference...trust me on this one!

Almost directly it had an impact on my game AND it was no hotrun or luckstreak when i checked my biggest wins, but just solid play, not overagressive but with slight adjustments like smaller bluffbets and floats when the time is right.

Thats why i tell you again:

Update graph:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Many games played:
      Spin&Go
      MTT SNG
      STT SNG
      Zoom
      Cash table

All of them except Spin&Go rather succesfull.
      Although my main focus still remains on zooming, i had to find a sidegame to keep me going just to avoid getting bored playing the same thing over and over again.
      Shortly PLO passed my mind, but its always tricky going over there...
      Read: tried several times going PLO and lost half a bankroll...with reading and viewing videos!
      Still i love it, but somehow it doesnt love me back....

Graph SNG's:

SNG's played: 151

Update graph challenge:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      New week and new update!

Wauw these weeks fly fast when you re having fun :f_love: :f_love:
      Not only pokerwise but real life too it flew by....
      Maybe the cause is to find in 2 awesome parties, a car show and some quality time with my son :f_thumbsup:

Anyway pokerwise the week flew by because i have found some joy in playing my old game again.
      Many years ago i started with playing SNG's and MTT's, of which my ROI was pretty decent (BRAG POST)!!
      But i lost my interest due to the slow nature of it. (read : i couldnt handle multitables back then, while now i play 12-14 tables simultaneously)
      And it has gone well, in both ways it could go:
      1) i enjoy playing those games, it doesnt feel like i have to play
      2) the results are decent too, not so many played though but still positive

Update graph:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Sometimes i dont understand my own motivation...
      Had a great winning week last update, added some SnG games, had a lot of fun...

AND

somehow i managed to get demotivated to play last week, every excuse was good to skip poker:
      * ooh i feel tired today
      * new netflix series is out woohoo!!!
      * got some work to do in the household
      * going to play games instead of poker

I think i have a rising motivation problem, and probably because i was and am too occupied with poker in my head :f_ugly: :f_ugly:
      After thinking about it, i dont give myself much rest aside my fulltime job, my side independant job, my wife and son and poker... and in between those things poker always travels through my thoughts...
      And that for microstakes...LOL!

Therefore i decided to no longer play poker in the weekends for the moment, and keep it a week occupation.
      Hopefully it will split the serious things more with the leisure/pleasure because i do poker fully focussed (no wife no kid no television no sound, hourly breaks, healthy drinks and just me and my mancave...

So if anyone has any advice on this (keep staying motivated after a long day work / seperate poker from the rest)
      i will be very welcoming to hear...

Another super +EV move this week on Stars:
      The Deal was going over 400k $, so i spent 7 starscoin every 12 hours until it hit the jackpot.
      In total i gambled 41 starscoin and i received 5,30$ !!!!!
      Thats over 0.10$ / Scoin....:f_love: :f_love: :f_love: or in other words 10 times its normal value

Enough of that selfreflection here are the results of this disappointing week:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Been sick last week :f_cry:

Still played for one day, the day before i got sick :f_biggrin: .... noooo really?

So here is that small graph for last week:

LAST MONTH FULL GRAPH:

All things considered i was playing not bad at all in january on the cash game tables.
      At a winrate of 11.64BB/100 hands.
      At a redline of 3.42BB/100 hands.

So most happy about the redline, not bad at all for micro, my agression gets folded to in the right spots. :f_thumbsup:
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Had a moving week this time...
      Many moments thinking about what my plan would/should be in poker. :f_rolleyes:
      But i dont mean that in any negative way.

I was very happy to get invited into the Spinlegends team, but in the end after reconsidering the whole package, i didnt accept the contract.
      However, it made me think about several goals and where i want to be with the game.

In the end i just went back to what im good at, :profit: on Zoom.

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Breaking my teeth on NL5 at the moment...

1. Some mistakes come from my end, like loosing tons in 3bet pots.
      Typical fish play is what im good at when playing in such spots:
      Bluffing too much, and calling too wide postflop too.

2. Getting 4bets against me that on villains perspective are fish/tilt bets, BUT in those pots they freaking hit the nuts postflop with their weak range vs my strong range

3. Playing aggressive vs villains, just to get called up to the river and loosing/folding vs straights or flushes

So in full overview from the 6 stacks i lost this week on NL5, half were my mistake, other half were the fish getting fed

NL2 Graph

NL5 Graph

Overall Graph this week
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Just a short WTF-post....:why: :why:
      Short explanation, im running NL2 + NL5 mixed on zoom, 6 tables.
      I have rather good decisions, expert level in snowie :appl: :appl: :appl:
      And now the results below...

Seen my full month graph so far for february, which i will post on the 1st of march:

NL2 => CRUSHING with 20BB/100, 14 stacks up this month only ======> 2016 results are comparable with 15BB/100
      NL5 => STEEP DOWNHILL with -10BB/100, 9 stacks down this month only ======> 2016 results are waaaaay better, more like my NL2 results

So im starting to doubt myself now, 6 sessions played, average of 1.5BI loss the whole week on NL5.
      Fully ran over my database again this week, could find 3 spots of poor play and rest of losses i have no clue how i could fix it, change my gameplan...

I dont want to change anything too fast, it could be a -ev move... dunno :thinking:

New week coming up, hoping on a positive result on NL5 coz its doing me head in :pcuser:
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      FCUK this game...:sorry: :censored: :censored:

* Lost set vs set on flop by cooler twice
      * Lost 2 times a OESD+FD shove on flop (only had 4 times OESD+FD)
      * Lost 2 FH vs FH by cooler
      * Lost AA vs KK 3 times (only got 4 AA during whole session)
      Losing streak of 23BI so far, biggest downer in my online playing career since 2009.

Graph says it all:

Working hard on postflop play.

Time to make a comeback in the days that come :f_thumbsup:
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      KEEPING PROMISES

Yesterday i ended my post that i will make a comeback...
      Well i have proven im a damn freaking jack russell... i...will...not give...up :evil:
      Unusual like other days when i had a big loss, this one stayed in my head the next day.
      As i was working hard on postflop play:

1) improving lines to more profits
      2) improving 3Bet pot plays
      3) bluffcatch more, dont be overaggressive on TPTK+ dry boards

i probably was playing too many tables at the same time (4x zoom tables)...
      Together with a couple of stacks bad luck, to be seen on EV vs GREEN, it goes down pretty fast.

Also for the first time i took a break after the first hour with a zen moment of 5 mins inbetween, training some muscles together with deep breathing exercises to drop heart rate and get really calm and relaxed.

Started my session with a knife between my teeth, ready for combat

RESULTING IN NEXT GRAPH

DONT EVER GIVE UP, GO RANT, BLOW OFF STEAM, BUT KEEP GOING!
      YOU WILL BE 'next giphy' IF U PERSIST IN YOUR GOALS

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      The whole week in graph then, still mixed NL2+NL5 resulting in a nice comeback but still minor loss of 1 BI over a week in the end.
      Feeling strong, so will try to use that for this week.

• SmellTheCoffee
      SmellTheCoffee
      Bronze
      Nice volume, good luck for the week ahead :f_drink:
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      :f_drink: cheers SmellTheCoffee :f_drink:
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Another comeback at the end

Nearly over half of the week i lost some stacks due to bad luck, to see on EV-line around 2.5k hands.
      But again i kept going and ended quite ok with 4 stacks up.

Graph of the week:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      I fell in love

It has been a quiet week in the bankroll challenge and blog for me...
      And it has it reasons for it too...

:f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: i couldnt resist the calling any longer of spin & go's :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
      Resulting that i was studying the whole week to understand the deeper layer of the game and off course playing no games at all.

But this doesnt mean i have changed my goals, they stay the same, reaching a bankroll of 1k$.
      Im just going to add in a whole lot of volume of spins into it.

I feel for me atleast that spins are the zoom poker of SNG's and probably thats why im adding them and loving them too.
      Let's hope that the many hours of study will pay off!

This means my first serious spin graph will be up by sunday.

Cheers all and keep reading!
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Getting my ass kicked...HARD!

Running bad or against EV has a totally different meaning here in the world of SPINS than in cash games...
      HOLY SH....:f_ugly: :f_ugly:

If i would run like this on cash games i would ve been broke :f_cry:

But i knew with studying that this could happen...off course its a bit annoying that it happens already immediate after starting this new format.
      Let's hope next week will be less cruel because the graph below is one i never had in all my poker career, and thats already since 2009!

Have a good laugh at my graph, you will instantly feel better if you run bad yourself :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Time for rewards!

Finally my bankroll was big enough to reward myself with something that i can use in another discipline that needs a lot of motivation and hard work: CYCLING...

I bought some smaller things like a rain jacket, some USB led lights for front and back but my biggest investment were new tyres!!!

Very happy about my little reward, it gives me extra motivation to go further and work harder.

This does mean my bankroll went from 214$ to 74$.
      A big step backwards but mentally i feel better since im back where i started BUT i get some real nice stuff to use for my other hobby from the hours playing microstakes.
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      My first week of spins went by and sadly no big wins for me...:f_confused:

Ended up being caught by variance, because my ITM is 38% but lost in total 1 buyin....:f_drink:

Here is the graph to cover it all: