This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Spinning, a journey to long-term winning!

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      New week new graph, no update story due to weekend out and just returned!

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Stretching week

This week i ended up in a break even stats wise.
      My real ROI was better due to a lot of wins in bigger multipliers like x4 and x6.

Still working on my game and trying to figure out how to play against many fish that only call with Ax and pockets vs my wider openshoves with effective stacks < 10BB...
      Should i keep it wide (nash graph) or tighten up?
      Im in doubt if its the right move....result wise it aint :f_mad:
      I just see that at those stacksizes, my shoves are barely favorite, many coinflips... or im doing the right thing and thats how it goes in spins....

Will be time to go ask some veterans again about my doubts, or everyone with some thoughts about it can always answer here too in my blog! :f_thumbsup:

The giraf:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Its time to call it for today

Awesome run, especially on the bigger multipliers
      First day using this multiplier counter, brings me luck :f_drink:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Study and progress

Due to a lot of study on Spins i wasnt able to play last week...
      The good news is that im catching up!
      Here is the graph from this week, midweek results:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Warning : HOT RUN THIS EVENING SESSION

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Yesterday heaven, today hell

Cant run like a god longer than 1 day!
      So here is my awesomeness graph for today, where i met satan (my inner demon)

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Staying in hell

Seems nice and comfortable in my Spin&Go hell, so let's stay a bit longer here!
      (This has no influence on my tilt at all, just laughing a bit on the swings im having currently)

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Always wanted to see how a 50 buy in downsing looks like on Spins?

I have some great news, i can show you that, just look below: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:

• SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Tichwich, GL with improving that! I guess you are busy learning & improving to get rid of these downswing things...

SvenBe
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Very busy times learning and improving my game

Originally posted by SvenBe
      He Tichwich, GL with improving that! I guess you are busy learning & improving to get rid of these downswing things...

SvenBe
      Like you can read my mind and feel whats going on Sven! :thinking:

But its true on top of that :truestory:

I had a swing even worse than the 50BI one on the previous post, on my worst i was running 115BI under EV... and that on the lowest stakes!
      First of all, i wasnt used to play for 0.25$...nor playing a whole week for 10 hours just to win or lose 5$...
      That doesnt mean i didnt take it less seriously though, it was rather a mindset adjustment that was needed.

So with a lot of following up from my coaches, getting fed the right videos for adjusting my game, things went....positive!
      Every day my winrate cEV went higher and higher, up to 149cEV for the last 50 spins...:coolface: :coolface:

See on the graph below for this month juin!

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      "Still working on my game and trying to figure out how to play against many fish that only call with Ax and pockets vs my wider openshoves with effective stacks < 10BB..."

If you are pushing nash and fish are calling tighter than nash you profit from their mistake of folding too much. to exploit this you should widen your range not tighten it.

gl with spins I also play them.
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Journey

Originally posted by jmackenzie
      "Still working on my game and trying to figure out how to play against many fish that only call with Ax and pockets vs my wider openshoves with effective stacks < 10BB..."

If you are pushing nash and fish are calling tighter than nash you profit from their mistake of folding too much. to exploit this you should widen your range not tighten it.

gl with spins I also play them.

Exactly! Several weeks passed by since i wrote that and now my gameplan has changed and im not afraid anymore to push the correct ranges.
      Off course i still get called by tight, or even overly tight ranges and lose the spin in the end BUT the long term results are getting better every day.

Its a journey.
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Balanced week

This week my balance between playing and studying was equally divided.
      As a result of an evaluation after almost 1000 spins in 6 weeks its clear that i didnt study enough in the start.
      It does make sense though, i had a long poker past on the cash games and a profitable one too, so i had the feeling i could tackle this crazy awesome new game too with my knowledge.

I was partially right:
      * preflop my game is very solid, but thats the easy part in spins
      * postflop is where the biggest difference is to be found and it has a huge impact on your expected value in chips

Well i did run 120 buy ins under cEV but even then, my postflop spin gameplan was too 'cash' way to play.

All those extra hours of study are paying off more and more each week:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Keeping it steady

This week was all about remembering what i learned and not to deviate from it.
      I managed to do that, but its a struggle, the moment you drop from A game to BCDE game, thats the moment you start 'forgetting' what you ve learned and do all sorts of crazy or stupid sh**.

I had 1 day where that happened after getting the news that one of my co-workers died in a horrible traffic accident. :ayfkm:
      He tried to pass a car, who didnt see him coming and hit him, resulting that my dear friend crashed into a truck... insta death according to the police and traffic experts.
      That news hit me hard and it hit my game hard too, i should have just folded that night.

Keep it cool up there Niels and RIP! You will never be forgotten...

My results for this week:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Good start, average ending

Not much time to comment.
      Started my week great with high cEV but ended up on thursday and friday by getting called by better on many of my shoves resulting in a very low average all in equity for those 2 days. (49%!!!!!)

Here is the graph:

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Its been a while

After some absence on my blog im back.
      I never stopped playing but i got a big punch in the face which made me silent for a long time.

Anyways, on the poker tables my journey continued on the 0.25 Spins, and i grinded towards a 100BI roll for 1$ spins.
      Pretty hell of a run but i made it, and now running in the 1$ games.

See the results below, typical story of my spin & go life, running in worst 5% of scenarios with a 74 cEV according to calculators.
      But most important is the cEV, which is decent enough, luckily.

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      WARNING HUGE DOWNSWING POST BELOW:

When images show how hard spins can be, here are first some numbers too:

77cEV
      70+ BI under EV
      20 hours playtime at tables

Graph showing that im running worse than 1% of calculations, now thats a slap in the face from VARIANCE