Hi all, keep up the good work

• ARRY3209
      ARRY3209
      Basic
      Hi All

My name is Steven, ive not long recently found this site. I think it is great reading all the articles and blogs. Im in the british army currently based in Cyprus and due out at the end of the year. Over the last couple of years ive been playing poker and like to think im a decent player reguarly winning money of my friends and collegues , its never big stakes but its still a win and thats what puts the smile on my face . Like to think i make tough decisions especially when sitting in the desert in iraq waiting to be called to a job lol which is happened many times. I just think the game is brilliant and tests u in so many ways. And trying to to do your best at showing no signs of weakness or trying to bluff pots , then getting caught and then having a great laugh abut it .
      Iv tried the test and sad to say i failed the 5 atempts, thinking im reading the articles correctly but obviuosly not. Oh well. Cant knock a tryer.
      Any way thanks to everyone who puts the blogs in here, they are great to read and hopefully i will learn alot more in the coming months.
      Hope to hear some feedback and hopefully see people at the tables, arry3209 is my table name at stars.
      Keep up the great work everyone.
  • 5 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello Steven and welcome to PokerStrategy!

First of all I'm sorry to hear you used your 5 attempts - even so, you still have access to all the deposit bonuses. Since you mentioned you play on PokerStars, you might want to check out the PokerStars Forums, where you can chat with other fellow players about this platform.

Also, if you like the blogs, why not start your own Poker Blog? It would definitely be interesting to hear about your poker adventures there and our members will confirm that ;)

That being said I wish you good luck at the tables and take care of yourself!
      Best regards,
      vhallee
    • ARRY3209
      ARRY3209
      Basic
      Hi Vhalle,
      Thanks for the return, just wondering on how u improve from basic, what is it u need to do. Your help would be much appreciated in all aspects about this great site.
      Many regards
      steve
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hey there Steven!

Well, in order to improve your game, you must first choose the type of Texas Hold'em that fits you best: Fixed Limit, No Limit or Sit and Go's. If you have already done that, great - proceed to the basic articles for the selected section.

If not, I suggest you take some time and read the basic articles for each of these 3 sections in order to see which one you like more. Once you have done that, continue with the bronze articles for that particular section.

Also, remember to watch the Instructional Videos so that you can see how good poker players act in specific situations. Another useful tool is the Coaching Session, where you can tune in and listen to live advices from our coaches.

Last but not least, the forums - whenever you have a question, post it in the appropriate forum so that you can get help. Hopefully this helped you. If not, feel free to ask more ;)

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • ARRY3209
      ARRY3209
      Basic
      Hi there, sorry to bother u again. How does this great site no that im earning poits on stars as i was already a member there before i came here or do need to join another site to earn strategy points on here.
      Mnay regards
      steve
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello Steven,

Regarding your concern, you have to create a new account on one of these sites and deposit money using our deposit bonuses. IMPORTANT: make sure that you do NOT have an existing account on the poker platform which you will choose. Only this way you will be able to earn StrategyPoints.

Best regards,
      vhallee