Average Hourly Profit

• TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I'm just wondering what average hourly profit shall I aim for when playing poker ?

I'm currently looking for a job, and planning on cutting down my playing poker hours to about 3 hours a day. So it's vital for me to have a target which I can try and reach (helps me play my A game).

I'm currently playing $0.25-$0.50, about 4-6 tables at a time.

Am I right in thinking if I average around 3big blinds/hour which is $1.50 a table.
      I could be IN THEORY looking at $9 an hour (playing 6 tables)

What are your experiences ?
  • 4 replies
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      i think you shouldn't set goals when you play. specially not hourly one's.
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Hmm maybe not :) But I just want to know what's the average for a decent enough poker player :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

The average for a player is actually bellow zero. As the rake obviously makes it that way.

If your asking at which point a player can become a pro, then thats different, and its a personal question, and differs for everyone. Some people can live on $100 a week, others a $100 an hour.

If your asking how much everyone on the forum earns, it will be mostly one sided. You wont get many negative players saying how much they loose, and you wont get many pro's telling you how much they earn.

Regards,
      stiev
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I don't know how many hands you've played, but if you have a decent size, you can just look at your hourly profit in Elephant I think? I don't use Elephant, so I wouldn't know for sure. But otherwise you just take your bb/100 and calculate your hourly profit using the average number of hands played per hour. I think for 6max it's around 100 a table and for fr about 75. But I'm sure the correct numbers can be found somewhere on the internet.
      It will at least give you an indication.

Hmm maybe not But I just want to know what's the average for a decent enough poker player
      O just read this, wouldn't know