(all-in) equity relevant?

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I've been wondering about this for a little while, but didn't bother to get into it: In poker software like Elephant, HEM etc you have a stat called "(all-in) equity". I understand what it means. But I really don't see the relevance of it concerning no-limit. Unless you're all-in somewhere before the river of course. And if everyone played their hands exactly according it's value, it would be an important number to see if you're running good or not of course.

Can somebody explain if and why this number would be of importance?
  • 8 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It helps you to tell whether your win-rate (or loss-rate) is being skewed by being lucky (or unlucky) after you've gotten AI at some point in the hand.

ie. I think you answered your own question in your first paragraph or else I'm just not getting something.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      It helps you to tell whether your win-rate (or loss-rate) is being skewed by being lucky (or unlucky) after you've gotten AI at some point in the hand.

ie. I think you answered your own question in your first paragraph or else I'm just not getting something.
      Yes, but the thing I was wondering about is if it is usefull for hands where you didn't went allin. :)

In the graphs you can see the ev-line. Should I consider myself lucky or unlucky if it is higher or lower then the profit line? Or should I discard it because it's only valuable in all-in situations?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Oh wait, I think I'm mixing up two different things :evil: . I was talking about EV and not equity.
      But the question still stands...
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=68.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      wow ... Thanks a lot !! :P
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      hm where exactly I can find this stat in elephant?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Volrath89
      hm where exactly I can find this stat in elephant?
      Oh, I'm not sure it's in elephant. Never used elephant. I said elephant and HEM because I expected it to be in elephant as well, but if you can't find it it probably just isn't there (yet).
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      all-in equity doesn't really matter. Just forget about it. The Equity vs a certain range does matter, but you need your make equiltions for that.