This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL 2-7 Single Draw

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Feral Cow Poker Hand Converter
      PokerStars No Limit Single Draw $0.10/$0.25 - 6 players

CO: $25.00
      Button: $9.85
      SB: $44.89
      BB: $43.19
      UTG: $28.36 (Hero)
      UTG+1: $41.62

Dealing Hands: ($0.35) :4s: :3s: :9d: :6c: :6d: (6 players)
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB raises to $5, BB folds, Hero calls $4.25

First Draw: ($10.25) (3 players)
      SB discards 1, Hero discards 1,
      :4s: :3s: :9d: :6c: || :7c:
      SB checks, Hero checks

SB showed :4h: :3c: :7h: :Qs: :2s: , Lo: Q,7,4,3,2
      Hero showed :4s: :3s: :9d: :6c: :7c: , Lo: 9,7,6,4,3
      Hero won $9.79
      (Rake: $0.46)

Villain in this hand is playing around 50/30 vpip/pfr, and is 3Betting about 18%
      Is my pre-draw call reasonable?

Also -- although I have a reasonable hand, villain tends to XR post-draw, and usually in large amounts, so I think checking back is reasonable.

What do you think?
      VS
  • 5 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think that I would love to be able to say something about this :D
      I have played just a couple of hands of 2-7 single draw and raising always has worked for me. Maybe you should try too :)
    • Anykey444
      Anykey444
      Bronze
      Hi Vorpal, GL in games and life.

I practically never play 27 but still want to write few remarks as I am a graphomaniac )

1. Nice fresh 27 article
      2. Size of the 3bet is very important, not only %, so I would probably call reasonable 18% 3bet but not this 6-7 raise.
      3. Does he frequently XR as 3bettor? He should be afraid of Check-Back in this cases and bet by himself a lot. If not you should bet for value and awaiting call from at least T low.

Overall as always play the player and his and your ranges, not just one hand.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      What do you think?
      VS
      I was thinking Vorpal has finally gone to the dogs. Bats in the bell tower:D But then I realized it wasn't 2-7 triple draw:f_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Good morning all,
      @Anykey444,
      from the linked article's summary
      Some of your playing decisions come down to simple mathematical exercises and this low hanging fruit should be grasped. However, No-limit Single Draw can often turn into a battle of psychological warfare. So you must enter these conflicts heavily armed with a working knowledge of what range of hands your opponent is likely to hold. This is vital in this game as it is in any form of poker.
      I think that in this case I was fairly nearly unarmed -- I'm 100 hands in to my 2-7 NL cash career at this point.
      However, also from the article, I can see that in terms of #of combos that beat me I'm a huge favourite.

I think that the next step it to figure out how to calculate pot odds -- in other words, how may combos do I beat assuming he is drawing to a ten-low or better and makes it.

@YohanN7,
      I went to the dogs ages ago <sigh> but I'm back, and on my way to the cats.

Cheers,
      VS
    • Necromadx
      Necromadx
      Bronze
      I would have just folded pre. We are UTG and sizing is huge. So we will have much better hands to call or 4 bet here.

Post draw I would definetely bet - you both drew one and you caught one of the best cards, so I would bet around 70% pot to a full pot if he is a calling station. If you dont bet, whats the point of calling pre, since you are most likely behind his draws and behind if he is pat.