PLO and NLHE bankroll challenge from 200$ to 1000.....

• antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      Hallo, i used to have a blog here and play regularly but never uptated my previous blog, then i stopped for a while. Now i have some time and i will write this blog and start a challenge to help me take the game more seriously. I will start with 200 euros at 10nl PLO and NLHE, and take shot on NLHE as soon as i have 20 + 2 BI, and move down accordingly. I will play both since i am comfortable at NLHE but recently i started learning PLO and want to include that too, probably will play some tourneys too. 20 BI at plo its a bit aggresssive but i am ready to move down if things goes wrong, also PLO could be good for me to learn manage my mental game and control myslef since variance is higher, lets see...
  • 9 replies
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      I played yesterday and today only PLO, a bit swingy session but also i dont feel still super confident at PLO. So the objectives for the week are:

.play 5k hands at PLO
      .study at least 3hrs PLO (watching training videos)
      .review at least 40 hands on equilab
      .post 5 hands on forum

Later i might plat some NLHE which i m much more confident about.

yesterday and today's sessions:

• SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello antLrace

It’s nice that you have started a challenge to reach a 1k bankroll. Maybe the Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! promo is something for you.

Further I wish you all the best with crushing the NLHE and PLO tables and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      i submitted my challenge, thanks for the whishes!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey antLrace,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      so a quick update, later i will post some graphs.

Lost almost 10 BI at PLO 10 yesterday most of them under ev, but i guess that can happen but also i realize im really not that good at plo since i also dont feel super confident and i get into some marginal spots and im not always sure equity wise whats better. Today i started some nlhe 6 max at nl 10 and im up 3 BI for now. i will continue on this road mostly playing NHLE which im by far better at, and start again at 10 PLO a bit later. This way the challenge will maybe go a bit faster too. SO this first week im almost break even..... but it s ok since i realized certain things. Also i really need to invert proportions between time spended playing plo and time spended studying the game. In the future when i will start again there, i should play less and study more at least in the beginning. But i will wait a bit until im also better rolled for it since it seems variance is quite high in this game!!!
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      So, i am back updating this blog; i stopped for personal issues. Since i did not update i destroyed by BR and it dropped down to 20 something $. Had some really bad time and poker was just a part. Then i decided to take back what i left and start grinding at 2nl (i added some cash from VIP store i had), and from there climbed back to 10nl. I stopped completely omaha since it does not fit me atm, and it makes me too prone for tilting. Then i got BR ready for shot at 25 and it went horrible; dropped 10 BI there. The major problem there was not quitting at 5BI stop loss, i mean thats it... i just ran into variance and i should have just stop after my 5BI shot. Anyways there is no way im going to re make the same mistakes since i felt so stupid afterwards. Bankroll management should be top priority anyways.

Now im back at 10nl and my objective its to get back to 625$ to make another shot. From there onwards. I will update here every 3 days posting graphs and hands.

this is graph since horrible drop at 20$ other database with also PLO hands i destroyed after dark period

[url=https://postimage

this is results at different stakes

Kostenloses Bilderhosting

So the objective is reach 625 for 5BI 25nl shot. I have to work on different things , probably thing number one being focus and self control (quit when hitting stop loss). I will try to have decent volume but i will put effort on focus first since i can really play bad sometimes when i autopliot. I want to fight fr every pot every hand! This way i can create decent gameplan in case i have to put volume in.

This is graph for last 3 days,

Day 1 2 3

This is great example how most of this 3 days i was autopiloting and playing like crap!
      today i limited to 4 zoom tables and was much better , last 2ks hands of graph are from today and red line looks a bit more decent at least.

When redline goes down, it means im usually playing too many tables and the result is not defending well from blinds, giving up to easily on turn and river, not taking profitable bluff spots, making marginal calls pre.

Bankroll 443.11 EUR
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      ok very bad 3 days swingy and badly played... managed to put some volume but the overall quality of my game was pretty bad, will spend more time tomorrow reviewing leaks and mistakes instead of playing.

day 4 5 6

very unhappy about my play these 3 days... too many marginal spots and too many mistakes made because of slight tilt. I should really work on my mental game, its the thing that hurts my winrate the most. Its also vicious circle since i get mad when i play bad and from there i get in a loop. I guess one way to get out of it is spend more time off tables nd have better understading of the game.

bankroll is 452 with rakeback
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      thin value part 1

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $11.93 (119.3 bb)
      BB: $13.47 (134.7 bb)
      MP: $9.03 (90.3 bb)
      CO: $38.04 (380.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $19.62 (196.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Jc: :Td:
      MP calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.40, BB folds, MP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.45) :As: :9c: :7c: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.45) :2s: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.45) :Ah: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.99, SB folds, MP calls $0.99

Results:
      $3.43 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: :As: :9c: :7c: :2s: :Ah:
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.45 net)
      MP mucked :3d: :Js: and lost (-$1.44 net)
      Hero showed :Jc: :Td: and won $3.25 ($1.81 net)

now that i see this hand again, i played like crap
      but lol
    • antLrace
      antLrace
      Bronze
      i was traveling recently so did not play much, only today will post graph later. will leave soon again so i will not play so much this week but i will keep post hands and review in apposite section. I also took out some money to purchase snowie; i would really like coaching, but for now that will do. i am also excited to play with it:D :D ; I was following libratus challenge and one of developer was talking about how some go pros that were testing alpha go bot improved a lot, by playing against it. Since last update im actually down a little since i had 3 negative sessions in a row that really tested my nerves i was running like crap blah blahbla but i dont care so much about that i just want to get better at poker