Stacks:
      CO vanHouten11 ($2.63)
      BTN HERO ($1.91)
      SB hairbrainat ($5.00)
      BB ABELLOUIS ($2.17)

UPDATE:
      HERO dealt: A:heart: 6:heart:

Pre-flop: ($0.03, 4 players)
      vanHouten11 raises to $0.07, HERO calls $0.07, 1 fold, ABELLOUIS calls $0.05

Flop: Q:diamond: 6:diamond: 9:heart: ($0.22, 3 players)
      ABELLOUIS checks, vanHouten11 bets $0.16, HERO calls $0.16, ABELLOUIS folds

Turn: 8:heart: ($0.54, 2 players)
      vanHouten11 bets $0.28, HERO calls $0.28

River: 9:diamond: ($1.10, 2 players)
      vanHouten11 checks, HERO bets $1, vanHouten11 folds

Final Pot: $2.05

HERO wins $2.05 ( won +$0.54 )
      ABELLOUIS lost -$0.07
      vanHouten11 lost -$0.51

- - -

First of all, this is my first big bluff for 1,500 hands on NL2. His river check was so tempting to bluff at, that the only though left in my mind was "how much will he fold". I was thinking to bet 45BB, but then again adding those 5BB to the bet it seemed much more scary to him so I just thought it's worth it.

Why did I call the flop bet? The guy had 78% flop aggression frequency and 85% AFq for the 4th street. I was even thinking about the showdown value at the time because he was perfectly able to play unimproved A10-AK the way he did. The 4th street i think was an obvious call anyway.

And the river card + his check was a gift for me to make him fold TT or JJ (his bets on flop and turn were too small for AQ or KK/AA I believe). If he had bet the river for the same or greater amount he bet the turn - I would have folded with no regrets.

Am I right with all this?
  • 5 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Uhm... kinda difficult hand for judging if we don't know what you had...
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah, remember you should give as much information as you can.

The hand you held is kind of a must actually :P
    • doshiindia
      doshiindia
      Bronze
      Oops, sorry, somehow the hand converter removed the hand I was dealt with :-)

Anyway it was: A:heart: 6:heart:
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      You gotta fold pre-flop =)

A6 will very seldom hit. You're only hoping to hit a flush actually. If you hit an A, you gotta be afraid that your opponent will have a better kicker, because he raised pre-flop. So the only flops you wanna see are 2 :heart: , 3 :heart: or A6x.

You odds for the pre-flop call were not even 2:1. If you had more opponents in the hand and had odds of 5:1 or more, I think you could consider calling.

As played:
      The standard on the flop would be to fold.
      But IF you really think he'd have done the same thing with AT, AJ and AK, it's alright to call him on flop and turn. I'm not sure about the bet on the river though. It's purely a bluff. He won't call you with air on the river. He might call JJ or TT though and he might even have the flush or a 9. Some people like to check the river when they hit some monster hand, cause they always think the opponents will try to bluff them in position. And remember people tend to call a lot on the lower limits and that bluffs seldom work. If you really think he could be on AT, AJ, AK, then you'll still win the pot a good amount of the times, and there's no need to bet.

But again, fold pre flop :P

Cheers
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you should fold preflop. you will get in hard spots calling with Axs especialy if your not experienced
      you could fold the flop when he cbets into 2 people unless you have a plan to take the hand on later streets ( witch is a little advanced for this limit because people dont like folding)
      as played i like your line . you are reping the flush or the 9 . its hard for him to call even with a q especialy if your not bluffing too much
      nh
      gl