Known players:
      SB:
      $48,40
      UTG2:
      $74,45
      Hero:
      $24,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0,25, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 3 folds, SB calls $1,15, BB folds, UTG2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,00) 5:diamond: , 5:club: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $4,00, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $4,00.

Turn: ($12,00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,25, Hero raises to $12,00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $18,50

SB's donkbet against two opponents looks strong, however, I cannot find a fold with overpair on such connected board (after UTG2 folded). So I decided to call and reevaluate on the river.

However, his small donkbet on the turn seems to be a blockbet (so I put him on some kind of draw or 6x) Due to this reason and my overpair and OESD, I decided to protect my hand and commint my self (he might have 67 or 78 against which I am ahead). Is it correct to commit myself on the turn (I was going to call a shove or call a shove on any river).
  • 3 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I call flop and just call turn. looks kinda way ahead/way behind to me. every good draw from the flop has improved on the turn.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      every good draw from the flop has improved on the turn.
      Which draw could improve on the turn and is better than my hand?

78, 67? I am ahead of these hands.
      34 is unlikely preflop but still I have redraw.
      Only draw with 89 would sucks but I don't think he would donk pot with gutshot.

I am behind against 5x (the worst one is 56) and 66 but I do not think that he would bet such a small amount of the turn. It is unlikely that he wanted to lure me on the turn with small bet because with 5x (especially with 56) he was ahead also on the flop and pot size bet is far away from luring.

I think that it is likely that he had a draw on the flop and bet strong to create to a fold equity (and to build a pot if he hit). However, he did not improve (maybe he improved to two pair with 87 or better two pair with 67 which is still not good against my overpair line because of 55) and he wanted to draw cheap.

Anyway, I still have 12 (minus 1 discounted) outs against a straight or trips and I am in big trouble only against 56, 66 and 77 where I have only 2 outs.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You are behind vs overpairs, 34, 89, any 5. I like calling as said.