Germanys next grindette: from zero to hero - (Sit and) go, girl!

• Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Hi all
      here I go again! After 8 years of complete absence from the tables, I decided about 6 months ago to restart poker. I´m a former cash game player but this time I´m building my bankroll with Sit and Goes and MTTs. I always loved them but back in 2008 cash games were real money machines. NL200 was just easy money and you could build up a nice bankroll quickly. When I went back to the tables this year, I wanted to play just for fun and just play the games I really enjoy. So I cashed in about 20€ and started to play some 10cent Sit and Goes and Freerolls at Everest Poker. My bankroll began to grow. And I got more and more ambitious.

I´m 42 years old, living in Germany and working as a freelance Medical Writer, journalist and copywriter. I would say I´m an ambitious recreational player: earning just some nice pocket money besides my job would be very nice. :f_thumbsup: That´s why I decided to be in the Get Rich or Die Trying challenge.

I know it´s going to be a long way and hard work until I reach my bankroll goals but even a way of 10.000 miles starts with the first step, right? :f_thumbsup:

My last steps so far:
      *from 20€ to 83€ at Everest Poker
      *from zero to 35€ at Poker Stars
      *from 25€ to 30€ at Party Poker
      *from 10€ to 17€ at Bet365

Because I just want to play at 2 rooms I will transfer my Stars and Bet365 BR to Everest and Party. These are my favourite rooms and the ones with the best traffic and the most :f_grin: .

Altogether I start now with a BR of 165€.

Made my way up so far from Freerolls and 10cent Sit and Goes to the 50 cent and 1€ limits. Sometimes I still play 20 cent Sit and Goes, depending on the traffic and who is registered at a certain SnG (most of us regs know already each other). I would like to grind my way up to the mid stakes. I try to play as much as I can and study as much theory as I can, getting very familiar with ICM.

So here´s my next steps:

*learn to push/fold more precisely according to ICM
      *re-learn to exploit Villans handranges
      *re-learn to adjust to different Villains quickly
      *re-learn good pre flop play
      *re-learn good post flop play

My tracking software is PT4 small stakes atm and I need now a lot of practise to get back into the game. That´s why my BRM is still very tight: 100-150 BI. Better to go slowly but carefully.

And besides the poker tables?

Health
      Well, I love triathlon and tennis, in spring and summer I use to have competitions and don´t play so much poker. In autumn and winter I have more time to study and grind, I exercise about 2-3 times per week. And now I should come to the health section right? I saw many of you write also about health topics ..... oh ...*sigh*...:sifflote: . I don´t have to loose weight because I just got lucky not gaining weight so easily that´s why I can eat whatever I want. My weight is perfectly normal. But ...I really should eat less chocolate and candy and that stuff. :sifflote:

I will eat sweets only once a week and the other days replace that candy stuff with fruit and sugar free cocoa.

So follow me on my long and hard journey...... I appreciate every input, comments, criticism and encouragement.
  • 1106 replies
    • xLugia
      xLugia
      Basic
      Good Luck! :f_drink:
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Thank you! :f_grin:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      I was going to follow but then read the part about candy and chocolate and said no way :f_biggrin:

Good luck and crush them all Prim!
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      I was going to follow but then read the part about candy and chocolate and said no way :f_biggrin:

Good luck and crush them all Prim!
      Hahaha! :f_biggrin: Thank you! :f_drink: (this is tea)
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Aw, and here´s my graph:

Everest Poker

ugly November at Everest:

Partypoker

• metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello primrose6789,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

The day I gave up chocolate was tragic. But making changes for the better is always good :f_biggrin:

I look forward to reading future updates and successes.

My regards

Matt
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Bronze
      Solid start so far :f_cool: Good luck on your game. Will follow :f_thumbsup:
    • rompas
      rompas
      and a good luck from me too :f_thumbsup:
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Good morning and thank you very much, guys!

What is going on in my poker life so far?

November was not a really good month for me as you can see in my ugly November-graph above. What happened?

*I hardly ever get decent cards to play
      *with my ICM-pushes I run very frequently into premium hands at the moment
      *many hands just don´t hold up, mostly turn and river destroy them, making Villain the better hand

*I committ major crimes against ICM :f_biggrin: ; some wrong pushes, wrong calls, wrong folds
      *overplaying hands like TPTK
      *playing bad post-flop - I´m sure I can do that much better :f_thumbsup:

I analyzed my hands on Friday; there are really less crimes against holy ICM than I thought. I found a couple of mistakes and a couple of hands I played really terribly! :facepalm: I should play much more carefully post-flop when Villain is unknown and I have no reads on him or her yet. I use to write down wrong hands in my notebook (yes, good old pencil and paper) and I also write the corrections down; how I could have played the hand better.

And I fogot to count MTTs in my PartyPoker-Graph so, here´s the one all inclusive (SnG and MTT):

On Friday I won a 50€ tournament ticket in a freeroll qualifier on Everest Poker. For those of you who know Everest: It was in the 1K-Series freeroll. You get those 1K-Series tickets as rake back. The MTT is a freeroll which has tournament tickets as prices. The best 150 players get tickets. Places 150-50 get 2€ tickets, places 50-30 get 5€ tickets, places 30-10 get 10€ tickets and the final table people get 50€ tickets.

I got runner-up so I won a 50€ ticket. Actually, I wanted the 10€ ticket. I already played some 10€ MTTs at Everest and they are not sooooo difficult. I cashed once, in a 10€ MTT I know I can cash if I get a bit lucky of course (so did I in 2008 and 2009 for example SCOOP Omaha Hi/Lo at Stars, Sunday Storm at Stars, Sunday Double Deuce at Full Tilt).

But 50€?! Jeeeez! It´s going to be the first time I play a 50€ tournament.

Well, it´s a good opportunity to practice and learn. For me the tourney is gonna be for free and I´m sure It´s gonna be fun if I don´t get nervous and play bad! Anyways, I have no idea what to expect, except for: good and experienced players. My advantage is maybe that they will underestimate me, the little micro fish. They will track me and treat me as a little fish which I am not anymore. I´m a little bit bigger fish, let´s say I´m a salmon :f_biggrin: , a big fish who eats other little fishes. :f_biggrin:

By the way I have some more 1K-Series tickets which I have to use this week. Hope to qualify for some more tournaments and get a BR boost!. :f_thumbsup:
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      And here´s the Everest-Graph with MTTs (I forgot to include them in the graphs above)

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      MTT advice
      When you face all in decision with JJ just fold :f_grin: :f_tongue:
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      MTT advice
      When you face all in decision with JJ just fold :f_grin: :f_tongue:
      Thank you very much! This is exactly what I did wrong yesterday! :f_ugly: I was short stack and one Villain went all-in and I called with JJ.....I looked straight into QQ. Great call, Prim, well done! :facepalm:
    • mauzface
      mauzface
      Bronze
      I am from germany too and started a blog two weeks ago here on pokerstars as well. If you want to discuss something or maybe create some kind of study-group. Please let me know! :)

MAUZ
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by mauzface
      I am from germany too and started a blog two weeks ago here on pokerstars as well. If you want to discuss something or maybe create some kind of study-group. Please let me know! :)

MAUZ
      Very cool, Dankeschön! :f_thumbsup: I will check out your blog....
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Lunch break and brief update

I´m having sugar free cocoa, no chocolate or candy since I have started this blog. :f_thumbsup:

Yesterday I played 40 SnG´s and ran break even. This was my fault. After a while I got tired and made 4 really terrible pushes and calls. On Everest I have enough Summit Points to keep my Silver status which is very good. Soon I will get rakeback; I can choose whether I want a tournament ticket or cash. I don´t know yet. As ambitious player I should take the cash, as a recreational player I would love to take a tournament ticket and play MTT at the weekend. I love MTT and love to play them at weekends when I have time but of course the chance to cash really good in MTTs is low, there is a lot of variance/luck involved.

I should play more on Partypoker anyway because here I´m tracked on Party and I should hurry up to get my Strategy Points.

Again I analyzed a couple of hands/pushes/folds/calls and I noticed that I don´t make as many mistakes as I tought but I leave value by folding hands I should push, especially in the small blind. My red line is .....well .... uhm.... :f_ugly: ..ugly.

I should improve this ugly red line, would like to steal and resteal more. I leave value by NOT stealing/restealing as well. It is not always easy to steal/resteal in those low limits I still play but on Partypoker there are some really nitty games sometimes. No joke! Either some of the beginners spew chips or they don´t dare to play except for the absolute bullet proof stone cold nuts. :f_biggrin: I should look out better for those who are scared and look out better to find fear. Sometimes I can sense fear quite well but ....as I said ...sometimes. :f_biggrin:

I´m sure, I can do that better! :f_thumbsup:
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Good evening, pokerfriends.

A brief update from me:

* Work: Got an urgent project (which is very +EV) going.

* Health: Still haven´t eaten sweets, Sunday is my weekly cheating day, looking forward to it :f_biggrin:

* Poker:
      Played about 20 SnGs yesterday, ending with a small winning. :f_biggrin:

My poker scedule for the next 6 weeks:

*at least about 80-100 SnG (turbo) per week
      *at least 2 hours of theory per week
      *MTTs at the weekends
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Brief coffee break update

* Poker:
      This week I already made 80 SnG and about 3 MTTs so I decided to take a little break from poker yesterday. :f_biggrin:

Will play MTT today in the evening, I still have two freeroll qualifier tickets on Everest which I should use till November 30th. So today I will play 1K Series, another freeroll and probably 0.22€ Flyweight on Partypoker. I´m looking forward to the MTTs because actually MTT is what I like best. :f_love:

*Health:
      I keep beeing disciplined - no sweets till Sunday and I notice I feel much better, fresh, fit, happier. At the moment I work out 2-3 times per week which is enough during wintertime.

*Work:
      Try to get this project finished as soon as possible and a lot of boring paperwork, which I really hate, is still waiting to be done. *sigh* :f_rolleyes:
    • 1outerHITS
      1outerHITS
      Bronze
      Warum nicht im deutschen Subforum :f_rolleyes:
      Glaube das ist sogar belebter als das Englische :f_ugly:

Anyway good luck on your journey :)

@sweets: Giving yourself a goal like "till day xy" is not useful and the complete wrong approach!
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by 1outerHITS
      Warum nicht im deutschen Subforum :f_rolleyes:
      Glaube das ist sogar belebter als das Englische :f_ugly:

Anyway good luck on your journey :)

@sweets: Giving yourself a goal like "till day xy" is not useful and the complete wrong approach!
      Hi and thank you for your input. I appreciate it very much.

This blog is quickly translated; so when I find some time I maybe translate it into German. :f_pleased:

Blogging in English is very good for me in order to practice. Aw, I forgot to mention, guys: This blog also serves to improve my English. :f_thumbsup: