FTP high skill level?

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I think about now I've deposit on FTP five times or so. For some reason whenever I play there, I get totally owned! I ALWAYS loose most of my deposit quickly! So I usually end up cashing out the remaining $ pretty quickly. I've also played micro nl sh on Stars and Party, and I own most of the playes there (for about 30K hands).

I am wondering if players at FTP are higher skilled or play differently. Anybody else that has experience with FTP and/or party or stars?
      So the question: do I loose on FTP because of the players, or because I somehow simply run bad every time I play there?
  • 36 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Think of it by yourself, i mean, do you lose your money because of bad beats or because of bad play? Well, at least FR seems to be much tougher then on stars. :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      FTP NL10 the biggest problem i have is damn double rake which is killing my nice winrate ;(

Otherwise i can not say much about this matter because i played BSS on party only NL5 and on Ipoker NL2 and NL5 but yes NL10 on FTP is harder than NL4 on ipoker or Party but is also one limit higher.

I was talking about FR.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Think of it by yourself, i mean, do you lose your money because of bad beats or because of bad play? Well, at least FR seems to be much tougher then on stars. :)
      Well I can't think for myself because I didn't play a ton of hands at FTP. It could very well be the average player there is better then let's say at Stars, where I find the competition very soft at micro nl sh. Sure I got bad beats at FTP, but not a crazy amount.
      I've frequently heard for example that players at IPoker and other networks tend to be very tight in some games as opposed to other sites.

So I'm looking for someone who played enough hands on FTP and/or party/stars that can tell me the level is the same, or it's not ;) .
      And maybe it's a stupid question nobody can answer, but asking won't hurt :) .

FTP NL10 the biggest problem i have is damn double rake which is killing my nice winrate

Otherwise i can not say much about this matter because i played BSS on party only NL5 and on Ipoker NL2 and NL5 but yes NL10 on FTP is harder than NL4 on ipoker or Party but is also one limit higher.

I was talking about FR.
      I only play sh. But why do you play at FTP man? If you can go to stars i'd do it! If only for nl10 to avoid the rake. I found nl10 extremely soft at stars. My winrate was up in the sky there (just 8k hands) :D . But that was shorthanded though!
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      i find ftp to be more fishy then stars
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StusMagic
      this is not true statement... Ftp is def tougher...

but the micro stakes is pretty much the same... nl25 sh as soft on both sites... haven't played nl50 on stars tho..

$22 sng's are also so much tougher on full tilt than stars... but still $6 sng's are around the same on the sites...

Full tilt seems to attract more grinders and multi tablers because of rakeback and stuff like that... so it has a little bit better players..
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      I only play sh. But why do you play at FTP man? If you can go to stars i'd do it! If only for nl10 to avoid the rake. I found nl10 extremely soft at stars. My winrate was up in the sky there (just 8k hands) :D . But that was shorthanded though!
      I play at FTP cause i was clearing bonus which just ended now and now i clear end year bonus which is nice rake back even of double rake on NL10. I played on FTP Nl25/50 SSS but well January i had bad streak so i decided i will grind NL10 BSS and went even with double rake ok ;)

Now indeed FTP story is almost getting over and i plan to try Cake. Main reason is that there is not allowed no tracking program and i still don't use them :D Also rake back is higher and i hear a bit more fishy than FTP ;) So +++ :D
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      i sed i find to me that ftp is more fishy then pokerstars why would i lie about my experience?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      i sed i find to me that ftp is more fishy then pokerstars why would i lie about my experience?
      I guess your just experiencing stuff in a wrong way...

but it's no secret that ftp is tougher...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      FTP is definitely tougher in mid-high limit NL cash games, not sure if there's a difference in tourneys or FL
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      play when is amercan rush hour .... 60 000+ players... a lot of fishs there :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Full tilt seems to attract more grinders and multi tablers because of rakeback and stuff like that... so it has a little bit better players..
      agree with this, rakeback = less fish.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I find that the lower limits are just full of fish on FTP cant say anything about other sites though since I havn't played on other platforms. But the lowest limits FL (any of the horse games .25/.50) and NL 10-25 all have really bad players during the day for me which is the time when americans are on.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Wow nice discussion going on :) . I see there are some different oppinions as always, but there are some interesting points made.
      I didn't think about the rakeback ... very interesting point there!
      I think I'm safe to say FTP micro nl sh is definitely beatable, but it may require more table selection and sometimes a different style because you're playing more tagish regulars instead of the calling fish?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      I play at FTP cause i was clearing bonus which just ended now and now i clear end year bonus which is nice rake back even of double rake on NL10. I played on FTP Nl25/50 SSS but well January i had bad streak so i decided i will grind NL10 BSS and went even with double rake ok ;)

Now indeed FTP story is almost getting over and i plan to try Cake. Main reason is that there is not allowed no tracking program and i still don't use them :D Also rake back is higher and i hear a bit more fishy than FTP ;) So +++ :D
      I screwed up the huge first deposit bonus at full tilt a long time ago :( . That sucks! GL @ Cake! Prepare for a software downgrade :) .
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I play NL10 SH on FT and I'm definitely loving it. I like the mixture of fish, weak/tights (whom you can steal their blinds on each & every orbit and they will never defend unless they have aces), and the few remaining solid TAGs. I always like a couple of solid regulars at my table for two main reasons:

- We know each other's style, so it gives me a good opportunity to mix up my play against them and deviate from ABC poker which can get quite boring. Playing against them is definitely good practice for the higher limits where these types will constitute the majority of players.

- It's like we have an unspoken agreement to generally stay out of each other's way, and rather focus on taking turns to prey on the fish :D

So yeah, I don't think it is right to look only for loose fish. Sure, they are profitable for a while but then once you move up you will have no idea how to play against the good regulars.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      I play NL10 SH on FT and I'm definitely loving it. I like the mixture of fish, weak/tights (whom you can steal their blinds on each & every orbit and they will never defend unless they have aces), and the few remaining solid TAGs. I always like a couple of solid regulars at my table for two main reasons:

- We know each other's style, so it gives me a good opportunity to mix up my play against them and deviate from ABC poker which can get quite boring. Playing against them is definitely good practice for the higher limits where these types will constitute the majority of players.

- It's like we have an unspoken agreement to generally stay out of each other's way, and rather focus on taking turns to prey on the fish :D

So yeah, I don't think it is right to look only for loose fish. Sure, they are profitable for a while but then once you move up you will have no idea how to play against the good regulars.
      I'm gonna give it a try again when my br grew a bit. Definitly agree with you here. I like some competetion too every now and then, because I can learn from players that are equal or better then me.
      Had to laugh about the unspoken agreement because it's so true :D . But I'm pretending to stay out of somebodies way :D . I try to steal from them unnoticed.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      imo your playing style and the way its generally received at a pokersite determines whether you find that site tougher than others. but yeah play when all the americans are blowing their cash away on the tables :D both pokerstars and ftp allows US members and they both advertise like crazy which ofc drags fish and if a site gets a fishy rep sharks will appear quickly? :p
    • djongata
      djongata
      Bronze
      I will delete this stuped site from my pc (the most stuped softweare in the net) FullTilt=BigSh....!!!
      Bronze
      I must agree about the regulars and grinders on Full Tilt..

I am playing the $6.50 turbo 9 man SNGs and there can be up to 5 grinders in a SNG with me.
      It is common for these turbo SNGS to go up as high as 500/1000 blinds with 3 players left.
      I had never seen much of that on Stars. Some regs yes but not 3 - 5 in the same SNG.
      It happens at least once per set of 4, but it makes them more enjoyable for me.....
      easier to tell what people have and put them on ranges then it is with just random
      donks....