From Full Ring to Short Handed in LIMIT Hi/lo!

• Biglion
      Biglion
      Global
      As the title says, I want to know what changes should I do in my game...

I am playing Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Full Ring at PokerStars at the 0,25$/0,50$ tables.

I am going start playing at the 6 ppl tables because at the higher limits you don't have many 10 ppl tables.

What are the mainly changes I have to do with my game? I need a detailed explanation please... I am doing fine in Hi/Lo and I love it!

Thanks a lot in advance! :D
  • 1 reply
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Alright, same considerations apply as in Omaha High 6 handed.

First of, position. Remember always position on weak players. If they have position on you, you really can't take advantage of them.

Secondly, the players themselves. Know the make up the table. Full handed table is rigorous automatic, since pots tend to be multiway all the time. Short handed? Less so. Usually it's just the button and big blind, if the players know their game.

This leads to the fact that if the opponent plays predictably, you should try to isolate him even with more marginal hands, because you can outplay. And, marginal hands raise in value in heads up pots, even in threeway pots. Speaking of heads up, it's always better to have the high hand rather than the nut low, which can be counterfeited by the other high hand (who you typically can't beat).

Your playing style needs to change, since you have to bluff to survive. However, if the table prefers to always limp and never fold (as in FR tables), you shouldn't change your game much, since with 5 other players on the pot, you still need the nuts to survive.

These are stolen from Ray Zee's High-Split poker, after I glance at his good word on it. IT sounds a lot like how you should play PLO short handed. :)