This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 Aq + Fd

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,80
      BU:
      $12,05

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 6:diamond: , 3:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, BU raises to $11,65 (All-In), Hero calls $0,80 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3,75) 4:spade:
      River: ($3,75) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,75

I didn't fold to his re-raise on flop because of FD. Would it have been better to push flop directly, or either way it makes no difference?
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      As a preflop raiser you play your nut FD as made hand.

In this hand you have FD and 2 live over cards, so - and I hope I do know to calculate outs by now :rolleyes: - you have monster draw of 15 outs.

NH and played correctly IMO.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Dandycall,

''I am flushing and got 2 overs for half a million $USD'' is the nuts for a SSS player postflop :)

Regarding your question whether to push directly: $0.6/$1.4=42% so I would push it if I have to bet 40% of my stack but with this board, Bet/Call is the most profitable way to go

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhEqem0c9A&feature=related

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

Regarding your question whether to push directly: $0.6/$1.4=42% so I would push it if I have to bet 40% of my stack but with this board, Bet/Call is the most profitable way to go

Why exactly, to lower fold equity and get more value?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Because of the board: Unlikely Villain has something + you give some chance to let Villain bluff with worse hands.

I'm sure if you push directly he only will call with Overpairs/Toppairs and FDs or also Overcards + FD.
      Now with your cbet of $0.6, you give the opponent an opportunity to bluff you out with a wider range than only those so let's say KJo etc.