Stack
      BB:
      $5,00
      MP3:
      $16,55
      Hero:
      $2,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , J:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,10.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,35) 9:club: , J:club: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,10, MP3 raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,65) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,65) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,30, Hero calls $1,30 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,25

I got a little confused about this hand.

1 - How much to bet on flop
      2 - Should I check fold on turn just because of the A?

I think I should have pushed turn. At the time I called river because I really thought he had a weak hand.
  • 6 replies
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      I agree with your flop bet: you have OESD and TPGK. But since MP3 called your raise on flop, he might have a made hand with KQ or KJ or AJ.

So with this in mind and the A on turn, I would c/f tiil the end and wouldn't call the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Dandycal,

I would reraise bigger for the sake of pot odds so I go to $0.8

When headsup, I prefer to shove it, only hand that had you beat on the flop was the KQ already. Seeing the Ace is horrible but if villain chased for the ace, he was playing terrible.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello Dandycal,

I would reraise bigger for the sake of pot odds so I go to $0.8
      Hi Gerv, can you explain further your suggested 0.8 bet for the sake of pot odds? Is that just so you can give less odds to someone who is chasing a draw, or is there some other reason?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Gerv, can you explain further your suggested 0.8 bet for the sake of pot odds? Is that just so you can give less odds to someone who is chasing a draw, or is there some other reason?
      Yes and you want to protect your TPGK at this point.

Also you see a minbetter + clickReraiser so I would not just reraise 3x his bet because he only has to invest $0.5 (BB), or $0.4 (Mp3) more.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I see. Thanks a lot!
    • AdrienD
      AdrienD
      Bronze
      as played I think the river call is fine but I would have bet the turn for protection.
      You have position so if he calls the turn you can check behind the river, unless if he donks the river but then you have an easy fold cause that's very rarely a hand that you beat.

If he raises your turn bet you have an easy fold too.
      I think that unless you don't know what to do when you get reraised, you shouldn't shy away from betting a scary looking card in order to protect your hand.