Playing cash as MTT :-)

• doshiindia
      Let me start with a disclaimer ;-) This isn't a "real strategy", and you will never make a living out of this. But you can spend a buck or two sometimes if you're missing the thrill that poker used to provide you with :-)

Playing cash games like a multi table tournament.

I first tried this some time ago when I had a good bonus on one of the poker rooms and no cash left. I won the freeroll for a couple of bucks but then I figured there's now way for me to collect the points required to clear the bonus in time. So I thought to myself - if I can start the tournament with 1,5K chips and bring it to 300K chips at some point, what can possibly be the barrier to do this with cash chips? The answer was risk of course.

So as I had nothing to lose I created a pseudo tournament for myself. I buy-in to the highest stakes I am allowed at and then jump the limits up whenever I have enough to do so (it was 20BB required).

I ended up with 230 USD in 90 minutes from my initial $2 :-) Then cleared the bonus easily playing normal poker.

From then on I have lost maybe some 10 starting buy-ins using this (it is always $2 at NL10 for me to start), but I had one more winning of 170 USD too. So generally it's profitable for me. Should be profitable for you too as long as you're the winning player in the long run, however don't expect much if you try this. The risk is enormous (as is the relative reward) so you should only use this with the money you don't need and for the purpose of having fun only :-)

EDIT: It's actually like spending $2 on the lotto ticket, except for you have far better chances to win a couple of hundreds using poker instead of lotto :-)

• 3 replies